no name state park ?

onehand

Explorer
Apr 11, 2005
potter co. pa.
the other day i was looking for "lake broyhill" LOL, and i noticed a green area on my 60cs map "US roads and recreation" and zoomed in....it said state park.

well i should have walked the extra 1/4 mile, just to see what it was.

on the way home i said to myself there are no sp's there.

i checked my R&R map program on my computer and measured the park size,it is very small, about 387 feet by 200 feet.

it is located appx at the intersection of Devious Mount rd and Jemima feed strip rd.

is this another Mount laurel sp (which was never ment to be an actual sp) used for some special purpose a long time ago

i drove out to Mount yesterday to the site (according to an lod nj map) of Crammer's Hotel to do some geocaching. the sp was only about 1.5 miles down the road, but i forgot my chigger repellent (here i sit scratching) i never learn. so i did not walk on down

anybody have any clues about this possible state park

i tried to upload a jpg of the screen print, it did not work

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I do not have that map so I can't really tell: however, there is a possibility that it was a recent purchase and was added to the map as such. There are quite a few pieces of property inside Wharton that are still privately owned, and if it had just been sold to the state when that map was made they may have just added it in that way rather than just consider it part of Wharton.

Just a wild guess.

I still would like to know what the rules are for private property inside the state forest boundaries. Are you required to sell to them, or can you sell to others? Also, I believe you can't rebuild a torn down or burnt down gun club for example that is in the confines of the state forest, but I would like to know exactly.

Thanks for the interesting post onehand!

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
An odd state park comes to my mind; The Warren Grove State Recreation Area. Ever been there? Its across from the FAA tower. I don't know the full extent of it or what's allowed in there. I have driven in there. The road makes a loop around a fairly high hill.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Yeah Bob, that is strange in there. I've ridden through the loop on many occasions. To the NE of the loop are some pretty remote areas. I don't know exactly what the boundries are, or for that matter what rules apply. There doesn't seem to be any organization or management to it, which is fine by me. It is a nice area and a great example of the pine plains.

Jeff