Nudist Colony in Whiting

Stu

Explorer
Feb 19, 2004
White Haven, PA
www.stuofdoom.com
I tried doing a search for this but came up practically empty. I had heard about this a few years when I was out, dare I say it, geocaching. I was at Harry Wright Lake and somebody wrote something in the log about the nearby ruins being from a nudist colony. I didn't see the ruins and figured it was a joke.
Then a few days ago someone sent me this link.

http://whitingstation.blogspot.com/2006/04/natures-rest-and-docspond.html

Has anyone been there?

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I have been there. I posted about it a couple years ago. Very odd place, with a lot of the foundation and piping remnants still there. I tried to get some on the board to come out there and see, but had no takers.

whitingrider

Explorer
Jun 28, 2007
Whiting
Wow, Stu. I have been back there many times and could tell something went on back there. I assumed there was a mill at Doctor's pond and wondered about the old foundations and non-native trees. There was also some clay mining in this area, not far from the pond. Thanks for that post.
Tom

TreeHugger

Apr 11, 2008
Pinelands
Wow.. Thanks for this post. Now I know what this place is. I walk thru there often during my after dinner walk. The non-native trees look as tho they may have once lined a driveway or road that lead to a house. Now I'll have to go take a closer look.