Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Trying to tie it all together:
An exceptionally wet summer.

Do you really think so? This map shows the departure from normal percipitation in inches for the past 180 days. There are a few small pockets in the pines that were slightly above normal. But most of the pines was right at the average (grey) and less than normal (yellow) to the east.

180.png

Keep on hopin' for that snow... sounds more like a rain event to me. ;)

Saturday: Rain and snow likely before 11am, then rain. High near 40. East wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Saturday Night: Rain. Low around 36. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Sunday: A chance of rain before 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
It seemed like it was raining an inch every few days. My tomatoes were a disaster, everything else grew like weeds. I only got in the pool once in July, it never warmed up.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I know there were some wet periods, but it seems to have averaged out over the long run. A lot of those storms were very localized. And down here the creek levels were lower than most of the years I've seen since moving here in 2006. I dunno, nothing seemed very "exceptional" about last summer's weather to me. :)