Oct 28 9:45 6th annual PINE BARRENS 4 WHEEL DRIVE CLEANUP

Sep 11, 2006
Bayville, NJ
Its getting close to that time of year again. Be sure to mark your calendars.

Come and take part in the largest one-day volunteer event at Wharton State Forest. On Oct 28 2007 at 9:45 AM the 6th annual PINE BARRENS 4 WHEEL DRIVE CLEANUP will begin with a sign up at the Atsion Ranger station and conclude at the at the Pic-a-lilly restaurant where wings will be served and prizes awarded.

On our 5th anniversary, 200 men, women and children came out in force once again to help keep the pines clean. Every year we go out to clean up we notice less trash than the year before. Our first clean up we could have stayed out a week and not made a dent but now we can really see the fruit of our labor. YES there still is and always will be negligent people dumping stuff in the pines..YES cleaning up the pines is a job that is never finished.. But with your help WE HAVE MADE A DIFFERENCE ..SO WE NEED ALL OF YOU OUT AGAIN THIS YEAR!

Last year Christine Johnson made a beautiful jeep outta balloons for a lucky child, Norm and family brought the TastyKakes and a lot of you sent checks and prizes to help fund the event. there were great prizes from our loyal sponsors especially Quadratec who has been a kind supporter from year one..Troy at Jersey Jeeps and Custom got commemorative bumper stickers made for the participants . He and Linda Gingrich, Shannon and his wife at Poor Boys club as well as Terry at the Atsion Ranger Station all helped organize another safe and fun event !

It's always great to see the faces of people who have made the clean up part of their families yearly activities. All of you who came really put in a great effort. Without your support there would be no event.

We are again soliciting past participants, 4 wheel drive clubs and local and national business' to contribute time and resources to make this year's event another overwhelming success.

This as a great opportunity to showcase a partnership for keeping our state lands clean and our right to transverse them unhindered. Please be a part of this worthwhile event. Contact Michael Tarsia to see how your family, organization or business can contribute to this worthy cause.

Thank you in advance for your dedication to a beautiful, clean and accessible state forest system.

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THIS ON YOUR LOCAL CLUB BBS' TO GET THE WORD OUT!

MIKE TARSIA

MIKET69@VERIZON.NET

Here's the flier if you want to print it and hand it out: http://www.njjeep.org/files/2007_Cleanup.pdf

BTW I am not Mike, I am just helping to spread the word.

Oct 25, 2006
Wouldn't miss it.
My wife and I have made the last 3.
4-WD, frosty beers and wings at the Pic outside in the fall with good people is about as good as it gets.
Here are some of last years pics to pique your interest.
Scott
http://gallery.njpinebarrens.com/showphoto.php/photo/4604
http://gallery.njpinebarrens.com/showphoto.php/photo/4606
http://gallery.njpinebarrens.com/showphoto.php/photo/4607

Scott

Looks like a real good time, since i am four wheel drive less, would you or George have room for me.

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
Wouldn't miss it.
My wife and I have made the last 3.
4-WD, frosty beers and wings at the Pic outside in the fall with good people is about as good as it gets.
Here are some of last years pics to pique your interest.
Scott
http://gallery.njpinebarrens.com/showphoto.php/photo/4604
http://gallery.njpinebarrens.com/showphoto.php/photo/4606
http://gallery.njpinebarrens.com/showphoto.php/photo/4607

Hey that is good looking F-350, and you're right, you do get a lot of stuff in that bed :).

I'm planning to show up this year, but I may have to pull a trailer to be of any use.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
You will be fine with 2WD, just ask Largo. (See the picture of his 2WD S-10 in my previous post)
In addition, you will likely go out with a group and somebody is always available to give you a nudge or a pull.
I always have a strap and shackles with me.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Thanks! In return I'll let you put your overflow on my trailer, and I'll drag you off any humps that long wheelbase gets hung up on ;).

[Not likely with that lift!]

Mark,
Not a lift. Bone stock.
Solid front axle with a Dana 60. Bomb proof setup.
One of the main reasons I bought an F-350.
Rides as plush as a handtruck. :D

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Badfish, as I said last year, just do it. 2WD,4WD no matter.
That little old hunk I got is an '83 2WD but with a V6 & 4speed manual it gets the job done!
We'll try to keep your truck scratch free though (haha)

Long-a-Coming, Max weight? What's that? Haven't found one yet.

James U. , I would take a rider but know this, as demanding I am of my truck I am twice as hard on myself. I don't even know how I get some of the crap in there.

Piker56... just do it. Your presence is welcome.
As Scott said, you're running with a crew and there ain't no way you're getting left behind.

Bob... I admire your spirit, your wit, and your very nice truck, please attend!!

Hope to see many NJPB friends... How's this, to all of you, as long as I can make it, a round on me, on my word.

g.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Bob... I admire your spirit, your wit, and your very nice truck, please attend!!

I do plan to attend. I had a great time last year. My "arggh" was because I kept going from my kitchen where the calendar is and back to the computer in the living room, and each time I did I saw a different date in my head. I saw Sept 27, then Sep 28, then finally October 28.

I think as I get older, some things mean less and less to me. Dates being one of them.

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
Mark,
Not a lift. Bone stock.
Solid front axle with a Dana 60. Bomb proof setup.
One of the main reasons I bought an F-350.
Rides as plush as a handtruck. :D

The red one, right? I was going to guess a 3-inch lift from the wheel well gaps, but then I haven't spent a lot of time looking at F350's lately, and I don't remember what stock looked like on the late 90's trucks. One thing I will say, that's back when they looked like trucks. Everyone's in full pursuit of curvy these days. I like angles.

Wish I had a SFA :(.

We'll try to keep your truck scratch free though (haha)

Yeah best of luck with that :). Mine only has 5k miles on it and is well-pinstriped already. I guess if you stick exclusively to the mains.

I'm curious as to how this event works. Do they distribute maps and assign areas, and have a central location for the dump? Do you grab anything that isn't plant or animal?

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
I'm curious as to how this event works. Do they distribute maps and assign areas, and have a central location for the dump? Do you grab anything that isn't plant or animal?

The whole bit starts at the Atsion Ranger station and you'll get the skinny there. It is somewhat organized but in a fashion where there really are some groups that break off as they choose, I.E. the Pestletown area group, and others who are fine to just go where they are needed. They use "crew leaders" and such. I generally follow Scott's lead, aside from my very early start. Whatever you do, you are more than welcome. The Central location is also at Atsion and there are dumpters for stuff as well as skids for hazardous and a trailor for tires only. It's evolved into a pretty oranized gig. You grab the obvious, all the crap that people put out there that don't belong, from a wawa cup to a boat and everything in between. There are a diversed group of folks whose paths don't always meet but come together for this. You'll meet good folk & love it! Hope to meet you.

g.

Sep 11, 2006
Bayville, NJ
DSCN2038.jpg

DSCN2048.jpg

DSCN2067.jpg

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
Thanks for the info guys, and great pics PineBarrensJeepster. Nice Rubi, too! I need to get my hands on a trailer like that.

I think this whole thing is just fantastic. It's such a downer to see trash out in the woods. Not only does this get things a little cleaner, but its a great example for the 4WD community to set.