Oct 28 9:45 6th annual PINE BARRENS 4 WHEEL DRIVE CLEANUP

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
As you know I was out at Martha and Nash's Cabin two weekends ago. Nash's Cabin is spotless -- the only trash was in the 55 gallon drum and blue plastic drum. The only trash I saw was along the road leading up to Martha - along the Harrisville Canal. Even then it was just litter and not real trash.

It definitely is a testament to what you guys are doing out there.

I'll probably go next year, when the baby is a little more manageable.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
But while the kids enjoyed the turtles I am pleased you missed the shot of me Traumatizing the mud turtle while Consuming alchoholic beverage and Buggering the bog.

:dance:

LORUNTWO.JPG

Oct 25, 2006
Could not have asked for a better day & better company.
Got a good start with a good load, the sign up was loaded with folks.
Glad to see Bob right off and Layne & Sam Really dug him.
We pulled good loads as a team but the fact that we actually had time for sightseeing in the day was a testament to the fact that the trash is getting harder to find. We're winning the battle. I was pleased the S-10 lived up to it's task although I truly think Bob was trying to have me park it in the dumpster with the rest of the trash.
Bob I must thank you for the tour of Wescoat and the little things like the wood bridge and carrying Sam over the bogs was a joy. Sorry the truck pics didn't come out. they would have been nice. Felt good to have Tom along and his calm nature made his company a joy. Sadly, Scott & Dott's dog Remington was in recovery from a "surgery?" But great company.
I will say, Bob is a Wacko in the woods with his truck, which kept me to Scott's truck for our Wescoat ride. The kids loved it. Seemed at every turn Bob was stopping to enjoy a piece of the pines. (the skunk thing, well...)
Bob, I like the pic where we had a stop for a cold one (Thank you Scott)
But while the kids enjoyed the turtles I am pleased you missed the shot of me Traumatizing the mud turtle while Consuming alchoholic beverage and Buggering the bog. But I will not be responsible for your idea of playing Stickball with the turtles. You really did get the best distance! Sorry, just kidding herpers. Back at the Pic, fun was had, Music was heard (with some complications) Wings were on target and folks were great. Kudos to Mike Tarsia for his work on this event! We even had a visit From Jim Ungehager. (Sorry for the fun at your expense Jim) Although in truth Bob could have easily Blown that clutch, broken those lugnuts and flipped the truck. In the end Layne & Sam are cold & tired but they come away with a vision of what it's really about. I am honored to be with the people we had today and would not have traded it for anything.
Thanks all!

G.

George and kids, Scott and his Wife.

I only was with you great people at the pic for a short time as i was returning from an outing, but in the short time i was there my thoughts on my way back to my friend's house in Tabernacle were reaffirmed, what a great bunch of people.

I finally got to meet Scott and his wife, the cordiality was what i always thought Scott would show to me.

George, we met again, and the response was the same as the first time, you always make me feel welcome, the kids are a treasure, the joking or levity i liked alot, you cheered me up to no end, and i would have taken Bob back home if the situation warranted it.

Bob, thanks for the Yuengling, you are another treasure to this website, i will say that the area i was in yesterday though could definitely use a cleanup, i have never in my outings have seen such piggery, you live in such a pristine area, how anyone could do what those people did without out a conscience, what a shame.

Thank you all for the hospitality at the pic yesterday, actually it topped off my day.

I will not make up a trip report tonight, but shortly i will be uploading pics to my albums called Ferrago To Boyd's if anyone is interested. My birthday gift to you all.

Jim

Oct 25, 2006
I see you found the cellar holes.........

Yes, but one out of two things i was looking for in that area is not satisfactory, i am dissapointed.

The pic i have of the Cedar on Lacey Road of the pilings, is that the pilings of the Tuckerton Railroad ?

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
King, maybe the Woodshed would host it. If you hold it in that area, I'd be happy to find about 30 piles of trash in the Browns Mills, Country Lakes, Presidential Lakes area and put them on a map or two for the team leads.

No need to go looking for them Bob. I already know where they are. Actually they are prettty hard to miss out that way aren't they. Scott had mentioned the trash out at Bispham's mill, but I knew it would be too far out of the way. I bet the woodshed would host that for next year. If not, maybe even the hedger house.

Sorry I didn't make it out for the clean up. We had a big day set up for the little guy and it didn't allow me enough time to contribute. I'll pull out a load garbage next time so I won't feel so guilty:D

Then in true spirit I'll go get hammered at the Pic:D

Jeff

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
Had a great time w/ the crew Sunday. Very impressed with the Westcoat Bog area and want to go back there and explore ASAP. You can count me in for an organized cleanup. Did anyone take home any prizes from the Pic?

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Had a great time w/ the crew Sunday. Very impressed with the Westcoat Bog area and want to go back there and explore ASAP. You can count me in for an organized cleanup. Did anyone take home any prizes from the Pic?

Dottie won a NJ Parks and Forestry tote bag.
I think it will hold a 12 pack and ice if I pack it right. :)
I think the rest of our group went home with dusty clothes and a couple chiggers.

kingofthepines

Explorer
Sep 10, 2003
the final outpost
King, maybe the Woodshed would host it. If you hold it in that area, I'd be happy to find about 30 piles of trash in the Browns Mills, Country Lakes, Presidential Lakes area and put them on a map or two for the team leads.
I will raise the suggestion. That far north will require a new group of trail leaders with knowledge of the locale.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I will raise the suggestion. That far north will require a new group of trail leaders with knowledge of the locale.

Jeff and Bob both know the New Lisbon area very well.
During the 2 times I have been there with them, I saw enough trash to fill at least a 30 yarder in just on one short stretch of road.
The area is very close to 4 Mile Circle so it really isn't that far out there.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That is one reason I stay away from that area as much as I can. Way too much trash for me. People are slobs!

BTW, just to set the record straight without judgement, it is Wescoat not Westcoat.

wescoat.jpg

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
That is one reason I stay away from that area as much as I can. Way too much trash for me. People are slobs!

BTW, just to set the record straight without judgement, it is Wescoat not Westcoat.

wescoat.jpg

Guy

I'm not totally in on this one Guy. If you look at Thomas Gordon's 1833 map, there is a "West's" place name located on the Nesochaque (and I think that river name
spelling is wrong, and that it is Westcoat Bogs they are referring too). Do you think the village of Westcoatville might have had something to do with it too?

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I'm not totally in on this one Guy. If you look at Thomas Gordon's 1833 map, there is a "West's" place name located on the Neoheague (and I think that is wrong too, that it is Westcoat Bogs they are referring too). Do you think the village of Westcoatville might have had something to do with it too?

My gut is that it is Wescoat mainly because every dead one in the Pleasant Mills Cemetery at the end of the road leading to the bogs is a "Wescoat".
http://interment.net/data/us/nj/atlantic/pleasant_mills.htm