Off road is out of bounds for ATVs

BigRedEye

Scout
Mar 28, 2006
jersey shore
The article does not address if it applies to riding with the permisson of the property owner. Could they confiscate your vehicle for riding on your own property?

kingofthepines

Explorer
Sep 10, 2003
the final outpost
There is really nothing new here. I think a law against tresspassing on farms and such has been on the books for about 150 years. What did they do, pass an ordinance. which does what? Supercede the previous ordinance? Must be taking their cues from the UN. Pass one useless resolution after another. And then congratulate themselves endlessly. If this works then hallelujah. But I wouldn't count on it. I think property rights were better protected back in the days of rocksalt.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
kingofthepines said:
It all boils down to enforcement. Some will get caught and some will not. As far as confiscating a vehicle I think not. Punishment has to fit the crime.

If it's an unregistered/uninsured vehicle then impounding it is a good idea. If I drove a car without tags and insurance they'd impound it.

I say the ORV should be confiscated after repeat violations.

kingofthepines

Explorer
Sep 10, 2003
the final outpost
bruset said:
If it's an unregistered/uninsured vehicle then impounding it is a good idea. If I drove a car without tags and insurance they'd impound it.

Of course and I agree but that is a seperate issue from impounding, lets say a Cadillac Escalade because someone has trespassed on Farmer Browns land or is deemed to be a nuisance. I think that portion of the ordinance will be overturned.