Old Articles

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
In the article on the right side titled “Chatsworth People Gather At Buzby’s” the Hundred Dollar Bridge is mentioned. I have been hoping to visit that bridge but it is on private property. I have decided to either leave a note at the property or ask the people at the Post Office for the name and address of the owner. I might be able to persuade them to allow me there. If I get there I will try to post the photo’s of the bridge or the remains.

IMG_6772.jpg

Guy

uh60chick

Scout
Jul 14, 2007
In the article on the right side titled “Chatsworth People Gather At Buzby’s” the Hundred Dollar Bridge is mentioned.

It also mentions "Governor's Hill." Is Governor's Hill really another name for Apple Pie Hill, or is it another place entirely?

Here's a brief piece on the Chatsworth centennial celebration from the Burlington County Times Advertiser (August 31, 1966).

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It is hard to believe it but Governors Hill is the area where the All Terrain Vehicle Park is on Savoy Blvd. It extends to near the Water Tower and over to 532 where that rise is just before 72.

govhill.jpg

Guy

uh60chick

Scout
Jul 14, 2007
Wow, I can't believe I'd never heard of it before. Thanks! Any ideas on the origin of the name?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I really can’t say, but there is a Governor’s Hill Branch. I don’t see it on modern topo’s; however, it is on a survey map I have. It may have been completely obliterated by the Johathan Godfrey bogs along 532.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Here is a 1949 topo showing Governor Hill Brook. No "s" on that one.

gov.jpg

Guy