old bridge near batsto ?

devilstoy

Explorer
Nov 21, 2008
lindenwold
i remember years ago i stumbled across a steel bridge behind bastso , ieven have pics from it somewhere , i been there several times and even clocked it , it was 7 miles back , but it has been so long and i cant seem to find it again , i thought i found it the other night but this bridge was an wooden plank bridge that has been closed due to a washout of the surrounding dirt altho the brdge is still intact , i used to get to it by enetering the woods right at batsto village where the canoe launch is

devilstoy

Explorer
Nov 21, 2008
lindenwold
i found the pic of the bridge , its really crappy but youl get the idea , my scanner is broke so this is a picture of a picture lol this is the bridge im looking for again , is the one you mapped out ?

Attachments

• 000_0003.JPG
    000_0003.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 373

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Yea, that's Quaker Bridge. Since it is the only steel bridge it was certain to be it.

Guy

devilstoy

Explorer
Nov 21, 2008
lindenwold
Yea, that's Quaker Bridge. Since it is the only steel bridge it was certain to be it.

Guy

awesome thanks alot , i know these woods very well been going there for over 10 years now , and lately with being laid off of work i find myself back there at least twice a week , but could never seem to relocate this bridge again ,

devilstoy

Explorer
Nov 21, 2008
lindenwold
awesome arial shot ! i remember it being a little opend up right at the entrance for it and people swimming and such under/next to the bridge

martink

Scout
Apr 5, 2009
Hammonton NJ
www.quakerranter.org
If you're still trying

It's pretty easy to drive to Quaker Bridge from Atsion on 206. Just take the main road east that passes south of the old mansion.

I drove this back in September and got out, took pictures, etc. Then I noticed that the road to Batsto was on my car's GPS. I had been pleasantly surprised how drivable the road to Quaker Bridge had been that I said "what the heck" and started down. I can now report that yes, it's passable, but there were some crazy bridges across tributaries along the way and it felt like a bit of roller coaster ride a few times. I wouldn't do it again except in a good 4-wheel drive vehicle!

2840842827_a45ab591db.jpg

More pictures here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/martin_kelley/tags/pinebarrens/

Oct 25, 2006
It's pretty easy to drive to Quaker Bridge from Atsion on 206. Just take the main road east that passes south of the old mansion.

I drove this back in September and got out, took pictures, etc. Then I noticed that the road to Batsto was on my car's GPS. I had been pleasantly surprised how drivable the road to Quaker Bridge had been that I said "what the heck" and started down. I can now report that yes, it's passable, but there were some crazy bridges across tributaries along the way and it felt like a bit of roller coaster ride a few times. I wouldn't do it again except in a good 4-wheel drive vehicle!

2840842827_a45ab591db.jpg

More pictures here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/martin_kelley/tags/pinebarrens/

Welcome to the site, i really like your pics.

Jim

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
just did all of quaker bridge last night in my saturn. the puddle areas have water but nothing deeper than a couple inches. sand hit the bottom of my car once. after this i did the trail that follows the river from batsto back to quakerbridge i forget the name of the road of teh top of my head but that road was a little more challenging in a car that is.

just did all of quaker bridge last night in my saturn. the puddle areas have water but nothing deeper than a couple inches. sand hit the bottom of my car once. after this i did the trail that follows the river from batsto back to quakerbridge i forget the name of the road of teh top of my head but that road was a little more challenging in a car that is.

Yeah, don't try it in your Saturn in dry weather as you may find the sugar sand "challenging".:rofl: