Old PBE Forums

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
As part of merging the old PBE (thepinebarrens.com) site with this one, I've imported the old Pine Barrens Enthusiasts forums into our forums. You can get at them at the bottom of the main forum index page.

For those who don't know, posts by the user ZippySLC are mine. The user Guy is Teegate. BobM is now pbxbob. Other than that, everyone else seems to have kept the same username. (A number of people on this site had accounts on the other as well.)

Another interesting thing to look for are the song parodies by JeffD. He caused quite a stir for myself and Bob. I wonder what he thinks of the recent fire at Warren Grove?

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
As part of merging the old PBE (thepinebarrens.com) site with this one, I've imported the old Pine Barrens Enthusiasts forums into our forums. You can get at them at the bottom of the main forum index page.

For those who don't know, posts by the user ZippySLC are mine. The user Guy is Teegate. BobM is now pbxbob. Other than that, everyone else seems to have kept the same username. (A number of people on this site had accounts on the other as well.)

Another interesting thing to look for are the song parodies by JeffD. He caused quite a stir for myself and Bob. I wonder what he thinks of the recent fire at Warren Grove?

Cool idea Ben. I'm betting JeffD was in a tizzy over the fire. Stomping his feet and blaming somebody for forever ruining the woods. Remember his idea to thin the entire forest on a periodic basis? He wanted the pines to be his personal garden.

PS: I'd love to see him back on. He's a hoot to argue with. This thread was a classic:

http://forums.njpinebarrens.com/showthread.php?t=3970

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
I seem to remember Jeff being one of the biggest reasons I stopped posting on the old site. I was new at the time, and often avoid getting into arguments when I'm the new kid on the block. I also didn't know if he was friends with the regulars or not. So when some of the nonsense he posted got too hard to read without responding to, I kinda just drifted away.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We met him on two occasions, maybe three, and he was not at all like he posted. I much more liked him in person. The posts got old and I just stopped reading most of them. Especially his song parodies.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The problem with Jeff was he created controversy. He may have done it intentionally, and then again he may not have. Controversy is something that we do not need here in my opinion. The people on this site get along quite well now, and that is in my opinion the way it should be.

Guy

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
He, out of everybody else who no longer posts here, the the only person who I would really have a problem with coming back.
He has the ability to kill a board.

He,
And a couple others gone, were a reason I remained a lurker for some time.
As fascinated as I was by the things of interest, I believe I saw the site as something else at the time. I am really glad I took the plunge, and glad he is not on this site now.

g.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Well, don't worry about it. Knock on wood, the drama days are over.

There are some gems in the old PBE forums. Since quite a few of the regulars here posted there back in the day, I figured people would get a kick out of it. Plus, of all of the Pine Barrens related sites (besides my own), the PBE site was my favorite. I'm happy that I can preserve it's legacy here.