Pines; Bamber area
A little out of my price range.

Reactions: Teegate

Wick

Explorer
Mar 6, 2016
Forked River
A little out of my price range.

Yes, a bit pricey. But I always liked the box Broncos. Perfect for the woods, small, light and not super wide. They look good with a nice scrub oak or scrub pine finish down the sides. This company advertises in a lot of boating magazines too.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Jesus. You gotta have some serious FU money to buy one of those. They were nice woods trucks in their day. Strong running gear underneath for a small truck. Early ones utilized the Ford 9" rear which was one of the best diffs ever made. You can still buy custom built 9" rears.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I wonder if the actual hands-on craftsmen of those vehicles would weep if they saw them being run down a very narrow sand road in the pine plains after a hot fire, or stuck in one of our infamous clay wallows after heavy rains. If I paid that kind of money, I wouldn't do that to them, but somebody eventually would.

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
My uncle bought a 1966 brand new from Lucas Ford in Burlington. It was a 170 6cyl, 3speed on the tree, dana 30 drum brake front axle and a 9" rear axle, 410 gears. He put 16K on it and parked it and bought a 66 Fairlane because the Bronco rode "rough" it sat until I was 16 or so, my dad and I restored it and I drove it until I was about 20 and sold it for what would be peanuts in comparison to what they bring today because I knew everything back then! ha! it was an awesome truck, had zero options, not even a radio. Had a manual choke and a hand throttle. From what I know today, it was a rare one, early production with the PTO/hand throttle, rear seat, full top and drive hubs, not lockouts in the front. When I find the pics I will post them here.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
My wife was checking the new Broncos out onlineyesterdaysince we both loved the old ones.She said the price was ridiculous and the things only haul 3000 pounds! My Nissan Xterra hauls 5000.My camper is 3740 empty.I think when the Nissan dies we're going Ford F250.My Brother in law has one and he hauls a 8000 pound camper no problem.My Xterra can't do much over 60 when hauling thecamper though.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
The new Land Rover Defender starts at $51k. As beautiful as those old Broncos are, they're asking super car money for a 50 year old vehicle. They'll also sell you a restored IH Scout for $180k. Insane.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
This is the one I bought for my son when he was like 17, 21 years ago. I paid $800 I think. I loved driving it because it almost felt like you were wearing it, so comfortable and feeling you are in great control. I may have posted this photo before, not sure.

1645712917337.png