Operation Golden Nugget

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

This is not PB related. However, I believe some of you will enjoy this raw three part series made by the individuals themselves concerning a vehicle recovery deep in the mountains out west. I have been following them for a year in their other adventures and If you are interested in this one filmed in the past month, here is the short of it.

46 years ago a man named Ed parked his Suzuki for the winter and when he returned in the spring a rock slide had blocked it from ever being recovered. Fast forward to a few weeks ago when at the age of around 84 his current friends at an off-road vehicle towing service decided to recover it for him. The first video shows them flying from Utah to survey the situation, and the remaining two is the actual recovery. You will need almost two hours of your time if you want to watch it all. I highly recommend viewing these, especially the second two.

Guy

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
Thanks for posting, that was enjoyable.

Not in the same league, but make you wonder how and why old pickups are found in our woods.
Stolen for parts back in the day?

Reactions: Teegate

enormiss

Explorer
Aug 18, 2015
Atco NJ
Hard to believe I've been watching the nugget since posted over 7months ago
I check in every Sunday for update, getting close to finished...

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It sure looks nice. The last one I watched he was putting the molding on the back door. I would have to think they are making their money by the 400,000 views or so of each release.

enormiss

Explorer
Aug 18, 2015
Atco NJ
Yea, I think that's why they pass it along to different people trying to get their viewers up too.
Not working for me, so far I only follow the nugget.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Well, I give those guys and gal a lot of credit for putting out that much effort to retrieve Mr. Ed's vehicle and making that man very happy and at peace with the world. They would have lost me at the word Suzuki. :)
Now, if someone told me this Ford Factory Highboy was lost in the woods 40 years ago, I would have pulled it out with my teeth !
(Photo credit Worldwide Vintage Autos)
1979-ford-f250.jpg

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Well, I give those guys and gal a lot of credit for putting out that much effort to retrieve Mr. Ed's vehicle and making that man very happy and at peace with the world. They would have lost me at the word Suzuki. :)
Now, if someone told me this Ford Factory Highboy was lost in the woods 40 years ago, I would have pulled it out with my teeth !
(Photo credit Worldwide Vintage Autos)View attachment 17466
You know Scott, they are beautiful trucks, but they don't slip in between a narrow set of trees like the Asian vehicles.

noboat

Explorer
Feb 1, 2010
Waterford Works
(Photo credit Worldwide Vintage Autos)View attachment 17466
I had one

Reactions: NJCoastal

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
That f-150 is a beauty and brings back memories of my red 79 f-100. Other than the round headlights and all that unnecessary stuff under the body ;) , it's a ringer! Had a straight 300 under the hood and a three-on-the-tree shifter. Was not heavy duty but took me almost anywhere I wanted to go, and I had enough extrication gear behind the seat to get myself out of trouble without help the few times I was careless. My previous and current Sierra were similarly equipped. In fact both times the dealer had to go out of state to find a base model truck. They never made much on me and probably hated to see me coming!

Last edited: