Oswego water level

andy1015

Explorer
May 4, 2007
hey sorry one more question. I read previous threads on this, but just a few questions. if i put in around the picnic tables i would paddel almost directly across pull out over the road and go down river that way. so if im facing the lake from the picnic tables it would be to the right sort of? also i was reading about low water conditions. i have kayaked the wading twice in the last two weeks and the water was low, I am planning a trip down the oswego this wednesday, the 26th. Do you think the water will be to low to even try it? And about how long does it take from oswego to harris?
Sorry one more Harris is the lake off of 563 or 679, close to beaver branch?

NJTaco

Oct 18, 2006
Galloway, NJ
9/15 I paddled about halfway up the river (best guess) from Harrisville Lake to Lake Oswego. We spent 2-1/2 hours paddling up, and 1-1/2 back down. There was plenty of water where we were, and no indication of low water above (plenty of flow.) It had rained pretty good the night before, and that morning, so I would say the water was higher than you would find now.

Yes, Harrisville Lake is on Rt679, near Bodine Field and Beaver Branch.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I think rain is in the forcast for Wednesday. You may have plenty of water :)

Have any of you noticed that the bogs along 206 south of Atsion are almost empty? That is the first time I have ever noticed that. It is really dry there.

Guy

andy1015

Explorer
May 4, 2007
thank you, Yes i have noticed the bogs dry, the wading and mullica are really low, puddles along quakerbridge rd that are normally always there are dry as a bone. It is really dry there.

andy1015

Explorer
May 4, 2007
i did do the oswego yesterday and it was a great river, but the water was pretty low, we were able to make it work though, with kayaks, but no way a conoe, At one point the river split and the current seemed 50/50, for a little while i was paddling through swamps and really started to worry we wnt the wrong way some how( never taken the oswego before), but it was a good trip. it took us about 4 hours, and the bottom half did have more water