Ouch!!!

sandcast69

Jan 4, 2010
Mays Landing, N.J.
Rogue trees have become a real problem in Wharton. They usually hang in groups of 3 or 4 and wait for some unsuspecting soul to drive by and then one of them jumps out in front of the vehicle causing an accident. I've brought this up to the park ranger, but with limited personnel there's not much they can do.:( Be careful out there!

sandcast69

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Rogue trees have become a real problem in Wharton. They usually hang in groups of 3 or 4 and wait for some unsuspecting soul to drive by and then one of them jumps out in front of the vehicle causing an accident. I've brought this up to the park ranger, but with limited personnel there's not much they can do.:( Be careful out there!

sandcast69

Good one :)

Thanks for the photo Ed.

Guy

cranbrake

Scout
Jun 3, 2009
may be close to a much worse scene i happened by this summer-a lemon yellow hummer upside down,having rolled 3 times...three bodies were strewn about the road-a girl,her friend, and her dad........they said something about dad letting his girl drive,she freaked out and hit the gas when she meant to hit the brakes,he grabbed the wheel,vehicle fishtailed,then rolled..... luckily they were conscious and somewhat coherent.;i stayed with them until the paramedics arove but ulitimately one had to get airlifted-i remember hearing the chopper arriving not much later.hope she turned out ok.the next day there was nary a sign of what had transpired the previous day-not so much as a scuffed pitch pine........