Out And About Today

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We also came upon this snake today relaxing in the sun.

DSC_5665a.jpg

We also visited Jemima Mount for the first time in a long while. They are driving around the gate and all of the large downed trees and making it to the hill.

IMG_8036a.jpg

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Guy did you notice the weird burned areas on edge of road near the memorial? Almost seems like they were doing backfire practice. Just little 50 foot wide sections.

Someone did a number on that bridge on both sides of it. Must have happened Friday night.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I did notice the burns. I was thinking they put out small fires but I did notice they had plowed around them which might mean they planned to do it as you say. I am now leaning towards your guess.

PINEY WARDEN

Explorer
Jan 13, 2012
Guy did you notice the weird burned areas on edge of road near the memorial? Almost seems like they were doing backfire practice. Just little 50 foot wide sections.

Someone did a number on that bridge on both sides of it. Must have happened Friday night.
They were actual Wildfires Detected By Apple Pie Hill Fire Tower Yesterday Afternoon. They were extinguished by NJFFS. I was the first actual brush unit on the one.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
They were actual Wildfires Detected By Apple Pie Hill Fire Tower Yesterday Afternoon. They were extinguished by NJFFS. I was the first actual brush unit on the one.

Anything you can tell us about the bridge issue?

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
That sucks they are violating that gate to Jemima, after all the work. Those barriers need to be checked more often and maintained. And put cameras up.

Reactions: Teegate

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The road had pine trees growing in it and they were getting tall. They drove around all of the huge trees that have fallen in the road and made it to the hill. I am unsure if they are driving up it but motorcycles most surely have. All the the trees Jessica and I and others dragged to the hill and blocked the road up the hill with have rotten or have been removed. I did not put the gate up but the others with me did. I was looking at it today and it appeared one of the 8x8 posts was gone but I have to believe they nailed it into a tree which has rotted.

The back way appears secure and the trees are really tall. Looking good.

I am not into trails so I don't know everything about them but I am sure they had to alter the blue trail because it went through flooded area's as I mentioned a few years back. So now it goes up Jemima Mount which brings attention to it from those who may not have known about it. Jessica and I walked in from Tuckerton because we had others reasons to do that today. We just decided to extend our route to Jemima or we would not have been there today.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Bob, you would not recognize that area compared to the PBX hike visit. It is super thick there because of the fire.

Reactions: bobpbx

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
The road had pine trees growing in it and they were getting tall. They drove around all of the huge trees that have fallen in the road and made it to the hill. I am unsure if they are driving up it but motorcycles most surely have. All the the trees Jessica and I and others dragged to the hill and blocked the road up the hill with have rotten or have been removed. I did not put the gate up but the others with me did. I was looking at it today and it appeared one of the 8x8 posts was gone but I have to believe they nailed it into a tree which has rotted.

The back way appears secure and the trees are really tall. Looking good.

I am not into trails so I don't know everything about them but I am sure they had to alter the blue trail because it went through flooded area's as I mentioned a few years back. So now it goes up Jemima Mount which brings attention to it from those who may not have known about it. Jessica and I walked in from Tuckerton because we had others reasons to do that today. We just decided to extend our route to Jemima or we would not have been there today.
I was there last summer. The post that held the other side of that barrier was rotten and down. The road heading back to Jemima was over gown and the trees were getting tall. Last year there was no evidence of 4 wheel vehicles making it back to the hill. Like you said dirt bikes were making it back there.
I’m not familiar with the trail system either but I think there a bike trail that now goes along the old road. There were a lot of mountain bike tracks all around. The road along the top was so overgrown that someone had to trim everything back for the trail. The gate further down at the feed strip road look untouched since the day it was installed.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The blue trail traveled on the other side of the Tuckerton and it went down roads that had two feet of water in them at various times of the year. It was impossible to walk along the edges and travele the trail. I am sure they moved it to the other side of Tuckerton. Maybe someone can confirm that.

Last edited:

Wick

Explorer
Mar 6, 2016
Forked River
Last year when I tried to go visit, I was near Mount. The road from there to Jemina had some huge ugly looking mud puddles so we did not risk it, But I am sure with the lack of rain it would be much easier now

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Last year when I tried to go visit, I was near Mount. The road from there to Jemina had some huge ugly looking mud puddles so we did not risk it, But I am sure with the lack of rain it would be much easier now

I was at that spot one year a while back and there were other vehicles trying to get through it as well. We all made it by going around the edges and maneuvering through the easy spots. We decided to not drive anymore and found a good way to walk from Tuckerton and that is the only way we go now.

Reactions: Wick