Outages Have Started

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Those must be pretty isolated (1 to 50 homes out). Nothing much is happening here now, it's raining and the wind is blowing but nothing very intense.

TurboDan

Aug 11, 2012
Surf City, NJ
About 1,000 out in Brick, last I checked.

But that's to be expected. Town with most frontage on Barnegat Bay + tons of trees close to the shore = disaster in a hurricane.

In my usual hometown of Surf City, who knows. I shut off the main before I left the island.

TurboDan

Aug 11, 2012
Surf City, NJ
Looks like Deja Vu all over again. If there were any more transformers left in this neighborhood, they just blew. And to think, a day after power returned. Ugh.

scubabruce

Scout
Jul 1, 2011
ATCO, NJ
About 1,000 out in Brick, last I checked.

But that's to be expected. Town with most frontage on Barnegat Bay + tons of trees close to the shore = disaster in a hurricane.

In my usual hometown of Surf City, who knows. I shut off the main before I left the island.

My family has a place on 15th ST in Surf City. Did you get a chance to visit the island when they opened it up for one day this week? If so, how does Surf City look? We were unable to get there cause 72 was so jammed up. I heard that Surf City wasn't damaged too badly.

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
My family has a place on 15th ST in Surf City. Did you get a chance to visit the island when they opened it up for one day this week? If so, how does Surf City look? We were unable to get there cause 72 was so jammed up. I heard that Surf City wasn't damaged too badly.
http://www.lbieoc.org/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Surf-City-YC/109777862394088
There are 54 pictures of Surf city on the YC Page
The southern part of The island Was hit Very Bad, Holgate and Beach haven west were tore up bad,The trailer park home area did not do well.Any area that did not have any good size sand dunes were ripped up. Good luck