Paranormal experiences in the pines

Sep 16, 2019
Brigantine
Hi All, Besides the normal Jersey Devil fare, I was wondering if anyone else has had any other strange experiences in the pines. I noticed there is a new bigfoot report from June of this year and was curious. We had a recent experience around the Carranza memorial late one night recently.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Sorry @Wicked Garden ... but as soon as you mention Bigfoot, things go downhill rapidly around here. :)

https://forums.njpinebarrens.com/threads/bigfoots-in-the-pines.12405/

My dictionary defines "paranormal" as:

"denoting events or phenomena such as telekinesis or clairvoyance that are beyond the scope of normal scientific understanding"

Do you think Bigfoot fits into that category? I'd argue that it doesn't, because it's presumably just an elusive animal of some sort that could be explained by science. I have an open mind about "paranormal experiences".... like someone seeing a vision of their grandmother in woods, then learning that she just passed away when they return home for example. But I just can't accept that there are large creatures like Bigfoot in the Pines. We like to think of it as a "vast wilderness", but it's not. It's full of roads, homes and people. Planes and helicopters constantly fly overhead. The Pines are a small part of one of the smallest and most densely populated states in the union.

If you look at some of the large, sparsely populated states in the Pacific Northwest, then you *might* make an argument for the existence of these mysterious creatures. But here in New Jersey.... well... (sorry) it just seems ridiculous to me.

What kind of experience did you have near the Carranza Memorial? Perhaps there could be a more serious discussion of that topic?

Reactions: manumuskin
Sep 16, 2019
Brigantine

Attachments

• 33AE24A3-2930-4273-B2CA-8D1A6583C2E0.png
    33AE24A3-2930-4273-B2CA-8D1A6583C2E0.png
    116.3 KB · Views: 193
Sep 16, 2019
Brigantine
Sorry @Wicked Garden ... but as soon as you mention Bigfoot, things go downhill rapidly around here. :)

https://forums.njpinebarrens.com/threads/bigfoots-in-the-pines.12405/

My dictionary defines "paranormal" as:

"denoting events or phenomena such as telekinesis or clairvoyance that are beyond the scope of normal scientific understanding"

Do you think Bigfoot fits into that category? I'd argue that it doesn't, because it's presumably just an elusive animal of some sort that could be explained by science. I have an open mind about "paranormal experiences".... like someone seeing a vision of their grandmother in woods, then learning that she just passed away when they return home for example. But I just can't accept that there are large creatures like Bigfoot in the Pines. We like to think of it as a "vast wilderness", but it's not. It's full of roads, homes and people. Planes and helicopters constantly fly overhead. The Pines are a small part of one of the smallest and most densely populated states in the union.

If you look at some of the large, sparsely populated states in the Pacific Northwest, then you *might* make an argument for the existence of these mysterious creatures. But here in New Jersey.... well... (sorry) it just seems ridiculous to me.

What kind of experience did you have near the Carranza Memorial? Perhaps there could be a more serious discussion of that topic?
I get it, kinda a wise ass myself...

Sep 16, 2019
Brigantine
clever using a character from a 60’s TV series as an avatar to stay anonymous, no doubt everyone who watched that show except you is dead. We actually didn’t see footprints of any kind, we saw something else entirely. It’s an interesting place at night, lotsa traffic in and out. That being said I absolutely believe in a physical Bigfoot not in SJ

Sep 16, 2019
Brigantine
Local indian lore mentions Wematugumis, they wove the image onto blankets, had it on their shields etc... Wematugumis, Albatwitch, Pukwudgies all described in the same way, wood Woves in Europe. The Bigfoot report at the preserve sounds exactly like those creatures, very interesting!

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
clever using a character from a 60’s TV series as an avatar to stay anonymous, no doubt everyone who watched that show except you is dead. We actually didn’t see footprints of any kind, we saw something else entirely. It’s an interesting place at night, lotsa traffic in and out. That being said I absolutely believe in a physical Bigfoot not in SJ
Oh believe me I"m not anonymous.Many on this board know exactly who I am and believe it or not I am far from being the oldest on here.I"d also say I"ve never seen anyone before you who looked like a W. How creative!

Reactions: Menantico

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
That is certainly a mystery, but I don't suspect anything "paranormal"....

Sep 16, 2019
Brigantine
It’s amazing no skull was recovered. Everything else could certainly disappear over time. How far could this guy have gotten at his age? The fact that the bait was still in the vehicle is odd as well and indicates abduction.