Parker Preserve Access Article

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
I have this friday off and may fish at the lake. Does anyone know where I can buy live minnows near there? I'll be coming from the Batsto area (542 to 563 into Chatsworth). The guy near me doesn't have live bait until may.

Thanks

Yeah, the bait shops are few and far between. You can try the mullica marina on 542, or you can go to Lee's out on route 72. It is called Pine barren stoves, he has everything there. Lee is a good guy. Only problem is his hours are inconsistant. The shop is past the lake for you unfortunitely. It is on 72 a mile or two from the circle, Next to the gas station. I would recomend calling first to make sure Lee is around, the # is 609-726-1550.

Jeff

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
Thanks Jeff, appreciate the info. I'll probably try both places and see how it goes. With or with out live bait I'm sure it'll beat a day at work. I'm also bringing a spotting scope. 2 weeks ago I was at the lake and there were a lot of wading birds fishing the lake.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Thanks Jeff, appreciate the info. I'll probably try both places and see how it goes. With or with out live bait I'm sure it'll beat a day at work. I'm also bringing a spotting scope. 2 weeks ago I was at the lake and there were a lot of wading birds fishing the lake.

Your welcome. The spotting scope sounds like a great idea. Are you going canoe/kayak, waders, or fishing from the bank?

Jeff

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
Your welcome. The spotting scope sounds like a great idea. Are you going canoe/kayak, waders, or fishing from the bank?

Jeff

Jeff,
I usually canoe, but my plan for Friday was to bank fish with live bait as I'm a little hobbled with a sore hip. Friday was an on and off monsoon at Chatsworth so I skipped the live bait, took my waders and rain poncho and waded. I actually got about 2 hours between the really hard rain to fish, then the sky opened up. Then I put a poncho on and took a walk in the rain. It rained so hard I had to just stand there and laugh at one point, but the woods are so different in the rain, it was a great day. Maybe my next day off I'll try the live bait and bring the canoe.