Pbr

whitingrider

Explorer
Jun 28, 2007
Whiting
I guess I thought that our beers unfortunately don't belong in the FRM's anymore. I've drank lots of different beers over the years, but now I've got no one to impress and for my money PBR is it. People make fun of me because ofit, but I don't care.
Tom
PS props to Yeungling, it's good, but not twice as good.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I had it at Finnigans in Lakewood the other day. Must not get served much because it was not that fresh. I still prefer it out of a can anyway.

As it stands, I'm developing a taste for bourbon and rye now, so less beer for me. :)

lgench

Explorer
Jan 19, 2005
Bristol, PA
Or one could support a local microbrewery that does a very good job. Good selection, good taste, local=fresh, plus if you go to the brewery on most Saturday afternoons, free samples plus a tour! Flying Fish, Cherry Hill, NJ.
http://www.flyingfish.com/
Len
PS: Largest craft brewery in NJ

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
Eh, Flying fish has degraded over the years, but I still show them support here and there. :) Len, you have some great PA breweries in SlyFox, Stoudt's and Victory.

Millbilly

Feb 4, 2004
Pemberton, NJ
n
I used to enjoy "Blue Collar Brew" winter mix (red lager) on tap at the Bridgewater Pub in Bridgeton, NJ some years back. It seems though that their brewing company has all but disappeared. I'm usually a vodka drinker, but more recently I have gotten back into enjoying cold beverages again.

lgench

Explorer
Jan 19, 2005
Bristol, PA
Pinepaddler, you obviously know good beer! Yes, they are three of the best. Had to pick up a motorcycle part in Harrisburg a couple of months ago and stopped in Stoudt's on the way back for a couple and a delicious German dinner. Wish it was closer.
Len

A few of shots from the old days:

Long neck returnables
26594691-L.jpg

The now popular can.
19471585-L.jpg

I forgot about these bottles. PBRs go great with Jack by the way.
19471455-L.jpg

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Steve,
Very cool! Seems you hung with the right crowd.
Definately not the Brady Bunch kids.
Thanks for sharing old memories.

G.