PC feature

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Ben,

Today at work one of my coworkers asked me how to delete the history from for example a Google search. I had no idea what he was talking about, so we went to the one PC we have there that is online. Sure enough when you type any character into Google's search field, a popup menu displays with past searches that begin with that particular character. Now that may seem to you to be normal, but I always use a Mac and that feature is not available on ANY Mac web browser, and I have about 10 of them. I can't understand why that would be, but I have tried tonight to make it happen with no luck. It seems strange since Macs are full of contextual items, and I can't see a browser maker not incorporating this feature into their software unless it is not feasible. ODD.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I will have to check what version my wife is using because she told me tonight it does it on her's. But at work he showed me how he was able to turn it off, but tonight on my wife's computer the path was not the same on her browser and I was not able to figure out how to turn it off.

Guy

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I think it had something to do with remembering information inputted into fields. (It asks you if you want to save username/password info or some such nonsense.) If you tell it no, the feature goes away.

I'm using IE6 on Windows XP. Once in a while I will use Mozilla to test the site out. I'd like to see what it looks like under Opera.