Pestletown

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Some of these relics are still very nicely maintained by some dedicated folks. These were at the Batsto Country Fair last year.

Cadillac

3262377701_112c29d9be_b.jpg

Cadillac Grill

3262370251_37a7ee1d51_b.jpg

Stanley Steamer(customized)

3262370255_b4298a0fbc_o.jpg

A hobby of mine is old cars; I work on them and take pictures of them. If anyone is willing to share the locations of forgotten relics so I can photograph them, I'd appreciate a PM. Will be going looking for the one in Greenwood today.

Anyone been to Eddies on RT30 in Elwood? He helps me when I get stuck on something, brought some carburators to him on Friday. His place is like walking into a time warp.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Hey Bob, remember that old tire we found when I took you out to those bogs off of 70 (the snapping turtle bogs)? that was an old one. It was completely in the middle of nowhere also. Jeff

I do vaguely remember that. We should take a photo of everything these days with digital.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
The blueberry field does not show on the 1931 aerials but does in the 1956. By 1970 it is obviously no longer in use. Guy

I know, as soon as I saw the truck that nite I looked at the ariels. My assumption was that is was at least 20 years old when they dragged it out there since they wouldn't use a newer truck.

Might as well jump in. My dad's place years ago in the '50s & '60s was a little junkyard and behind was a farmer's place that he used to retire his old vehicles to a far corner of the property. They could have been a bleed over from either. That said, no one is sure who these actually belong to as they are not actually on my dad's land, yet seein' as they are in Pestletown and have been for many a year... have a look.
They are from a time forgotten none the less, and are a forlorn sight.
To spare you the drama, the bullet holes are from young fools practicing with firearms, not a result of a romantic notion of cops and robbers.

UNCLE_OTTO_S_TRUCK.JPG

UOT_BEHIND.JPG

These have always been fun to peek in on. Thanks for viewing.

g

Look's like a 1946 Ford, My Dad use to have one when I was Bubby's age.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

Since I did not get there yesterday because of the blowout, I ventured there today to find the truck. It was in the line of fire from the bombing range incident last year and some of it was melted. Also, as I mentioned it was on a wooden platform which is rotting and burned quite a bit; however, you still can see some of it. And unfortunately the truck is not as old as I remembered it to be.

IMG_0895.JPG

IMG_0899.JPG

Wooden floor

IMG_0901.JPG

IMG_0902.JPG

IMG_0905.JPG

And I found the cause of my blowout and removed it so that nobody else has to have that happen to them there.

IMG_0912.jpg

Guy

All,

Since I did not get there yesterday because of the blowout, I ventured there today to find the truck. It was in the line of fire from the bombing range incident last year and some of it was melted. Also, as I mentioned it was on a wooden platform which is rotting and burned quite a bit; however, you still can see some of it. And unfortunately the truck is not as old as I remembered it to be.

that is pretty cool Guy, A 1963 Ford pickup

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
that is pretty cool Guy, A 1963 Ford pickup

Thanks. I am certain it was placed on that wooden base for some reason. I was thinking there may have been a home there at one time and the truck was on the property, but a quick look does not show evidence of any dwelling that may have been there. I should have went there right after the fire and I would have had a better view.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I pumped gas as a kid and hated those types of truck. Either the driver was smoking while I was pumping the gas, or on one occasion I splashed gas in the window. They could have put the filler in a better location.

Guy

I pumped gas as a kid and hated those types of truck. Either the driver was smoking while I was pumping the gas, or on one occasion I splashed gas in the window. They could have put the filler in a better location.

Guy

It was not to smart but the gas tank was in the cab behind the seat, one of the first things my Dad did with that truck was to take that tank out and put an aftermarket in underneath the bed.