Pines; Bamber area
It is July already. Time rushes on.

Jul1drosera.PNG
jultri.PNG

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Nice to see the image of the False Asphodel Bob! I was along the Wading in Parker yesterday and realized I need to get a kayak to view some of the rare showy flowers.

Reactions: bobpbx

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Yesterday was a good exploring day, not too hot. But the flies got real bad and I was stung by a bee on the inside of my finger (you know how that smarts). The Turks Cap lily was 7 feet tall--along the Papoose Branch, which I followed down to its confluence with the Oswego, the Jewel of the Pines. The road photo is typical of why I love the light in the pines, especially on white sand roads. The photo can never do the light justice, but....

pap1.PNG
pap2.PNG
pap3.PNG
pap4.PNG
pap5.PNG
pap6.PNG
pap7.PNG
pap8.PNG

Attachments

• pap9.PNG
    pap9.PNG
    1.9 MB · Views: 335

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
What is that plant fourth pic down with the square stem like a mint? leaves don't look minty though.
Oh Okay I see in the larger photo is the Turks stem.Never realized they had a square stem.I recognize the flowers but never paid the leaves much mind.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
What is that plant fourth pic down with the square stem like a mint? leaves don't look minty though. Oh Okay I see in the larger photo is the Turks stem.Never realized they had a square stem.I recognize the flowers but never paid the leaves much mind.

Al, the stem is roundish. That light stripe you see is just coloring on the stem, making it look like it has edges.

pap11.PNG

Reactions: manumuskin

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I found a new location for Pickerings Morning Glory.

IMG_0229a.jpg

And the yellow orchids seem pretty poor this year or missing entirely at some normal locations.

IMG_0241a.jpg

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Yesterday was the hottest day I've ever spent in the pines in all my life. I've been doing a lot of exploring in Greenwood Forest during the day time, and I love it, the way the sun shines on the sand and vegetation. Driving my truck and rolling out the door to a spot no more than 400 yards away. Drink water liberally my friends.

achenes.PNG
afterfire.PNG
alley.PNG
ants.PNG
bamber.PNG
brake.PNG
brick.PNG
cat.PNG
coppery.PNG
dam.PNG

Reactions: johnnyb and Teegate

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I see one of those bricks sold for $24 on eBay. Looks like it is newer than 1874.

Last edited:

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I see one of those bricks sold for $24 on eBay. Looks like it is newer than 1874.

Which one looks newer, the one in the photo? I think there are more there.

Al, I'm teasing your eyes with the 3rd photo in post 11. I used watercolor, but do you recognize where that was taken? You should.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: manumuskin

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002

Al, I'm teasing your eyes with the 3rd photo in post 11. I used watercolor, but do you recognize where that was taken? You should.

The one you found looks better than these.

http://tinyurl.com/hlknwce

http://tinyurl.com/hnedgow

As for the location of the photo, I am uncertain. It looks like a place in Lebanon we visited together. I have to assume it is Greenwood???

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com

Can't say as I do know where that is Bob.I can think of dozens of spots right down here in Bevan where old roads that have been gated and disused for quite some time look like that.That appears to be high ground with pines and bluberry .Also a cedar swamp road on the south side of the Mullica river near Egg harbor City looks similar but the green in your pic looks like blueberry whereas the cedar swamp is open beneath the canopy. Is this photo down my way?