Pine Barren Memories

Pine Rat Hunter

Oct 1, 2008
I used to live off of South Lakeshore. Used to do a little street racing in my blue 75 Firebird back in the day. Do you remember the illegal racing scene out at range road and Chatsworth?

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
I used to hang out at Highway Tire(now it's Dominos) When we raced we would go to Mt. Misery Rd. past the VFW. One of the guys lived on Bishop and another on Press off S Lakeshore. I also had friends on Wheeler Trail. I went to the race at Chatsworth once. There was a guy from Hainesport with a Monza wagon with a 350 and lots of nitrous.

Pine Rat Hunter

Oct 1, 2008
Ahh Bishop Street, Almost flattend some albino deer there and got killed on my YZ490.
The last time I went to the Chatsworth race (summer 1989) at least two hundred people were there racing. Cars on trailers the works. A guy in a Grand National spun out and almost wrecked into the crowed where we were parked. Had to jump over the hood of my car to get out of the way. Spilt my beer, damn I miss the fun.

jcm

Jan 31, 2012
I'm new here, don't know how to fill in the box to the left. Maybe my amonia level is high. Speaking about high, I miss the Brandy and the Beers. I moved to Browns Mills in the 50's when the town was good, no spooks or drugs. The police station used to be on the Dam next to Rosies and Alex and Sorentinos pizza. We used to ice skate in front of Lakeview Inn with tire fires to keep us warm while boozing it up. That area was the original main beach and had a store call Macs where the park is across from the old Hobarts Supply.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I'm new here, don't know how to fill in the box to the left. Maybe my amonia level is high. Speaking about high, I miss the Brandy and the Beers. I moved to Browns Mills in the 50's when the town was good, no spooks or drugs. The police station used to be on the Dam next to Rosies and Alex and Sorentinos pizza. We used to ice skate in front of Lakeview Inn with tire fires to keep us warm while boozing it up. That area was the original main beach and had a store call Macs where the park is across from the old Hobarts Supply.

I still like apricot brandy and beer, especially when I have a cold. I remember the long narrow counter at Hobarts.

Aug 29, 2011
Hi, I remember all of the above. My family owned the Lakeview Inn way back then. they eventually sold it about 1964 to the Verilli family. I have great memories from that time. My name is Renee, did we ever know each other?