Pine Barrens book list

I've got to get to Ongs Hat still too. Red (he's in Barry's yahoo group) and I were right there on Ongs Hat Road, but we apparently missed it. Marilyn over in Chatsworth explained to me how to get there, hopefully I can remember the directions next time I'm out that way, I shoulda wrote them down :)

OR MAYBE I WAS THERE BUT IT HAD ALL DISSAPEARED INTO THE PORTAL!!! :D

I can speak English on a good day. Sometimes a bit of Spanish. My uncle can speak ten or fourteen or who knows how many any more languages fluently (as in, he used to translate medical journals into those languages). He learned Japanese out of a book, and then moved to Tokyo to do translation work. I have that book, I have no idea how he did it. We suspect he stole all the family language skills for the next six or seven generations.

B

bach2yoga

Oh, that's cool! I'm always amazed at people who can fluently speak so many different languages.
There's a joke..

What do you call a person who speaks three languages?

trilingual (or polylingual)

What do you call a person who speaks two languages?

bilingual

What do you call a person who speaks one language?

American.

Except for french, all my languages are dead languages. :( I have to relearn Greek, I'm teaching a beginner class next year at a homeschool co-op. I'd rather be learning Spanish, which I don't know. Much more practical.
Anyway, I have a copy of Marilyn's map (which is sometimes wrong, BTW) but ok for Ong's Hat. I'll see if I can scan that section and post the link.

Renee

irishman

Scout
Mar 30, 2004
Thanks Barry but I can't access your list, it seems to be behind the ol' firewall here at work
Brian

irishman

Scout
Mar 30, 2004
a bit, me grandmother used to speak it, mostly when she was "peturbed", I understand it more than I can speak it myself
Brian