Pinelands Commission certifies Stafford Master Plan

freerider

Explorer
Jan 3, 2008
Good questions !

Part of the purpose would be to keep eminent domain from taking the land from you. Then provide tax credits on the preserved land and perhaps used against other property you may have or otherwise.

I have been contacted by state who wanted me to donate land.

So I asked for a donation of a few thousands garbage bags for the hundreds of acres I have cleared of garbage. Hey they cant even get me a truck to dump the stuff I picked up. I had to haul it away as many of you have.

The property is already owned by realtors and others looking for the big sale. If we truly want it preserved and utilized to explore. There are lots available! Some small some not.

Maybe I should sen them a bill for it.

freerider

Explorer
Jan 3, 2008
"Landowners with 5 or more forested acres that are planning to have a professional forester manage their woodlands are eligible to participate in the state's Forest Stewardship Program and receive a partial refund for the cost of developing a forest stewardship management plan. Landowners whose woodlands are Farmland Assessed and wish to revise an existing forest management plan are eligible for a rebate as well. Funds are limited. Call your Regional Forester to learn more about the many benefits of the Forest Stewardship Program. Apply today!"

I dont own 5 acres yet. Also the 5 acres I was told had to be attached. So 5 small 1 acres lots in different forest-preserve location would not work.

I do not want any involvement with the gov-big brother if I can avoid it. I am dismayed by any large preservation groups which restrict my using their land.

I have done things with some pine groups and stay very clear of them now ! Especially those run by attorneys.

misclaims

Explorer
Oct 10, 2008
little egg harbor
revisting this thread from a few posts previous... I was asked about a breakdown of tax impacts regarding commercial development. Here is one case study showing the overall impact on the taxes on one community. This probably impacts the "municipal" tax portion of your tax bill. That accounts to about a 1/3rd in Little Egg and could expected to go up if we start allowing big boxes...

http://www.murrysvilleonline.com/bigbox/publiccosts.pdf