Pinelands Commission Resolution: MAP 2.0

Discussion in 'Land Use Issues' started by SuperChooch, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Teegate

Teegate Administrator
    Site Administrator

Had to replace my engine mount this morning. Then noticed the rear wheel cylinder was leaking. Purchased that and started to put it on and when taking the brake line off I noticed the line was spinning and could break. Tightened it back up and will save that for another day. That is a Ford part so it has to be ordered.

2. Broke Jeep Joe

Broke Jeep Joe Explorer

Guy,
    Did you try spraying the line with WD 40 or PB blaster and let it soak? Its OK to drive while doing this, shoot some on during the week and try again in a couple days. When you loosen the line, work the nut back and forth and try tapping the line itself in toward the wheel cylinder with a small hammer or heavy wrench. you could also try a little heat from a small propane torch, don't overheat it though, the wheel cylinder will pop!

3. Teegate

Teegate Administrator
    Site Administrator

I may be getting a new vehicle so I may not have to do anything.

Broke Jeep Joe and Ben Ruset like this.
  4. Broke Jeep Joe

Broke Jeep Joe Explorer

even easier!

5. 46er

46er Piney

6. smoke_jumper

smoke_jumper Piney

7. bobpbx

bobpbx Piney
    Staff Member

...."Hunters traveling to some north central areas of the state are reminded some hunting areas and travel routes may be impacted by Marcellus Shale-related activities. Some state forest roads may be temporarily closed during drilling operations or other peak periods of heavy use to reduce potential safety hazards."

Could you just imagine if it was under the pines?

8. smoke_jumper

smoke_jumper Piney

I suppose if there was oil and gas below the pines wells and drilling would be a parts of the pines long before we were even born. Luckily we don't

9. bobpbx

bobpbx Piney
    Staff Member

Well, I meant if we had oil trapped in shale. They did not figure out how to dig that out until the latter half of the last century.

smoke_jumper likes this.
  10. 46er

46er Piney

It all began in PA. The first US oil well was in Titusville PA, the PA Rock oil company.

[​IMG]

11. lj762

lj762 Scout

What really impresses me is not the amount of roads open, but that they have an actual on-line interactive up-to-date listing of the roads, showing what is open and when. Each entry is linked to the map, which comes up with that road highlighted. Follow the links in the article to try it, or start here:
    http://www.dcnr.pa.gov/Recreation/WhatToDo/Hunting/RoadsOpenForDeerSeason/Pages/default.aspx to try it.

Compare this to using out-dated, incomplete, pasted together USGS Topo quads in NJ...

(On the other hand, it looks like PA opens and closes the roads for hunting season, so maybe not so great.)

46er likes this.