Pinelands Commmission approves natural gas pipeline this morning

Feb 1, 2016
Camden County, NJ
Hundreds turned out once again to oppose. The last four Governors have written (twice) that they oppose it. The original writers of the CMP oppose it. The NG will have zero benefit to pinelands residents but possible leaks or worse are possibilities. I'm all for converting from coal to gas (elsewhere) but not at the expense of weakening the CMP as well as possible pollution issues from leaks. There are multiple existing pipelines already in the Pines but these directly serve Pinelands residents. Not this one. A sad day.

Piney4life

Explorer
Oct 8, 2015
Waterford
Hundreds turned out once again to oppose. The last four Governors have written (twice) that they oppose it. The original writers of the CMP oppose it. The NG will have zero benefit to pinelands residents but possible leaks or worse are possibilities. I'm all for converting from coal to gas (elsewhere) but not at the expense of weakening the CMP as well as possible pollution issues from leaks. There are multiple existing pipelines already in the Pines but these directly serve Pinelands residents. Not this one. A sad day.
And are we sure none of the existing lines are not leaking now

Piney4life

Explorer
Oct 8, 2015
Waterford
We should be pushing the government to replace the underground utilities that have been far to long neglected.some of the larger gas mains are from the 1930s and 1940s.i have seen first hand how bad these are.one for instance we repaired was leaking so bad we had to dig up every joint and reseal them.were afraid a car stoped at traffic light would ignite it.

Feb 1, 2016
Camden County, NJ
We should be pushing the government to replace the underground utilities that have been far to long neglected.some of the larger gas mains are from the 1930s and 1940s.i have seen first hand how bad these are.one for instance we repaired was leaking so bad we had to dig up every joint and reseal them.were afraid a car stoped at traffic light would ignite it.
Agreed!