Pinelands Plate?

Sep 11, 2006
Bayville, NJ
Who out there has them? I have one on 2 out of the 3 Jeeps I own.
pinelands.gif

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Bugger me!, I just sent in my registration for my daily driver.... early
so as not to forget, Tuesday, Yesterday!!! Guess I'll be waiting another year.
Should be "Pine Barrens" plates though. And LARGO would have been the perfect 5 letter fit.

PBJ... 3 Jeeps Eh? no wonder you're on the 4x4 kid bandwagon.
It's all good dude, drive on.

Sep 11, 2006
Bayville, NJ
To get an application for any of these plates, please visit an MVC Agency or call toll free in New Jersey (888) 486-3339 or (609) 292-6500 from outside the state.

You will have to pay a one-time $50 fee (and $10 yearly renewal, $15 for the Battleship plates).

If you would like to personalize your special interest plates, you will have to pay an initial fee of $100 (not including the yearly renewal fee).

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
had them on both of my old trucks, didn't bring either of them to the dealership when I was shopping for a new truck so I didn't transfer them over, but I will put ones on my new truck when I have to renew my registration.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I appreciate the sentiment, but personally I send more money to the state than I want to already. If I ever feel the need to proclaim my interest in the pines to the world, I'll get a bumper sticker :)

Sep 11, 2006
Bayville, NJ
I appreciate the sentiment, but personally I send more money to the state than I want to already. If I ever feel the need to proclaim my interest in the pines to the world, I'll get a bumper sticker :)

Its a little more then that:
Protect the New Jersey pinelands

Related LinksPinelands National Reserve

pinelands.gif

A million-acre landscape crisscrossed by winding streams and rivers with the purest drinking water available needs your support. If you purchase the Pinelands license plates for your vehicle, you will help immensely, as these funds will help acquire land for the Pinelands National Reserve and protect its delicate natural balance.

The Pinelands are spread across seven counties from Burlington through Cape May. With towns and villages, cranberry bogs, blueberry farms, vast unbroken forests of pine, oak, cedar and the Pine Plains – it’s the most extensive pygmy forest in the country.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Its a little more then that:
Protect the New Jersey pinelands
If you purchase the Pinelands license plates for your vehicle, you will help immensely, as these funds will help acquire land for the Pinelands National Reserve and protect its delicate natural balance.

You are obviously a lot more trusting of the state government that I am, and that's fine since I've become very cynical. Do you have any specific data that shows how that money gets used? How much of it is lost in administrative overhead? And if you didn't buy a license plate, would less land be acquired? Or would they just take the funds from another source?

If you like the way the license plate looks and don't mind spending the money then I have no quarrel with that. But given the shenanigans of NJ politics, it seems a little idealistic to think that buying a license plate will protect the pines. If you are really interested in doing that, why not make a donation to one of the conservation organizations where you can see where they money goes?

Sep 11, 2006
Bayville, NJ
You are obviously a lot more trusting of the state government that I am, and that's fine since I've become very cynical. Do you have any specific data that shows how that money gets used? How much of it is lost in administrative overhead? And if you didn't buy a license plate, would less land be acquired? Or would they just take the funds from another source?

If you like the way the license plate looks and don't mind spending the money then I have no quarrel with that. But given the shenanigans of NJ politics, it seems a little idealistic to think that buying a license plate will protect the pines. If you are really interested in doing that, why not make a donation to one of the conservation organizations where you can see where they money goes?

I know better then to give to those eco nazi conservation organizations. I do my own part to help protect the pines.