Pinelands Watch Activist PPA

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Join us for pizza and letter writing as we take action

They left out the free Kool-Aid ;)

They may be very close to, if they haven't already, crossed the line.

An organization will be regarded as attempting to influence legislation if it contacts, or urges the public to contact, members or employees of a legislative body for the purpose of proposing, supporting, or opposing legislation, or if the organization advocates the adoption or rejection of legislation.
- IRS

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2016
Camden County, NJ
I am surprised to read some pushback on a public forum that is pro-Pine Barrens protection against organizing private citizens on how to continue to fight against the two proposed pipelines which weaken the CMP and open the door to further development as well as god forbid potential leaks or worse. "Join us for pizza and letter writing as we take action to fight the South Jersey and New Jersey Natural Gas pipeline projects. We will write letters and make calls to county freeholders, gubernatorial candidates and your state Senators. We will discuss where these pipeline projects stand now and how you can become a part of our Pinelands Watch Activist network." Sounds pretty logical to me. 4 former Governors wrote publicly against the Southern pipeline, the architect of the CMP has also spoken out against it, I applaud the PPA on continuingto keep up the fight and marshalling the support of concerned citizens to do so.

Reactions: Jon Holcombe
I think we're past the point of writing letters and eating pizza. If letters from four former governors and the architect of the CMP doesn't affect change then something else needs to be done. I am not saying I have the answer and I certainly applaud any action at this point, but it is frustrating to see how easy it was to replace the "no" voters with the "yes" voters. I personally know someone who worked closely with Gov. Christie in his administration and is also married to an executive at SJ Gas. The collusion and subterfuge is blatantly obvious and frankly illegal. I do what I can by educating my students on the issue and the inherent damage that will occur when this pipeline is built and subsequently falls apart. Watching corporations destroy our pines for profit has been a most disillusioning and disheartening experience.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I am surprised to read some pushback on a public forum that is pro-Pine Barrens protection against organizing private citizens on how to continue to fight against the two proposed pipelines which weaken the CMP and open the door to further development as well as god forbid potential leaks or worse.

I can't speak for the others but I have absolutely no trust in ANYTHING the PPA is involved with even if it is something than most people think is a good thing. I don't FORGET.

Feb 1, 2016
Camden County, NJ
I think we're past the point of writing letters and eating pizza. If letters from four former governors and the architect of the CMP doesn't affect change then something else needs to be done. I am not saying I have the answer and I certainly applaud any action at this point, but it is frustrating to see how easy it was to replace the "no" voters with the "yes" voters. I personally know someone who worked closely with Gov. Christie in his administration and is also married to an executive at SJ Gas. The collusion and subterfuge is blatantly obvious and frankly illegal. I do what I can by educating my students on the issue and the inherent damage that will occur when this pipeline is built and subsequently falls apart. Watching corporations destroy our pines for profit has been a most disillusioning and disheartening experience.
I agree with your statement but the PPA's actions seem to be in line with their mission statement of holding the Commissioners accountable to uphold the CMP. Glad to see some action on that part in continuing to let them know that folks care. I think once construction begins the level of public input needs to be heightened as well. Thanks for the comment.

Feb 1, 2016
Camden County, NJ
I can't speak for the others but I have absolutely no trust in ANYTHING the PPA is involved with even if it is something than most people think is a good thing. I don't FORGET.
Fair enough Sir. I do not work for the PPA but I am a member and their work to stop the Manchester development, working to prevent these pipelines, overall theme of upholding the spirit and letter of the CMP across the Pines are all things I support. Perhaps if it helps...the enemy of my enemy is my friend. The pipeline is the enemy...........

Piney4life

Explorer
Oct 8, 2015
Waterford
I am surprised to read some pushback on a public forum that is pro-Pine Barrens protection against organizing private citizens on how to continue to fight against the two proposed pipelines which weaken the CMP and open the door to further development as well as god forbid potential leaks or worse. "Join us for pizza and letter writing as we take action to fight the South Jersey and New Jersey Natural Gas pipeline projects. We will write letters and make calls to county freeholders, gubernatorial candidates and your state Senators. We will discuss where these pipeline projects stand now and how you can become a part of our Pinelands Watch Activist network." Sounds pretty logical to me. 4 former Governors wrote publicly against the Southern pipeline, the architect of the CMP has also spoken out against it, I applaud the PPA on continuingto keep up the fight and marshalling the support of concerned citizens to do so.
Architect is a sitting board member of ppa i guess he would

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
Just weighing in on my point of view whether it's right or wrong. I don't put blind faith in anything, just ask my wife;) Im with the PPA on some of the hot topics including the pipe lines but disagree on several other topics. If I became a member I don't think they would consider my opinion any more then they do now. Aparently they already know what my priorities are.
  • Discuss your priorities and what you need to see from your freeholders, the Pinelands Commission, and other municipal bodies
When you're an activist for something you truly believe in then you have my utmost respect. To do it because that's what you're told to is somewhat different. There are many ways to help protect the pines and the PPA doesn't have all the answers.

Last edited:

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
There are many ways to help protect the pines and the PPA doesn't have all the answers.

like-icon-emoji-thumb-up-symbol-vector-6789010.jpg

Reactions: mowergod