Pines Clean-Up

00xj54

Scout
May 2, 2006
Just incase you don't this Sunday is the Pines Clean-Up. It run by the 4x4 kids but anyone can come and help out. I think we're meeting at the Astion Station at 9:45. Correct me if I am wrong on the time.

00xj54

Scout
May 2, 2006
Come-a-long, you never answered my question. You didn't see the 50 + Plus Jeeps at tha Tanger Station?

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
With all due respect, while I am sure he would have if he could, Ben wasn't there. Perhaps you just missed that.
It just seems like you're trying to be an agressor to the very guy that hosts the site.

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
My comment was about the "4x4 kids", I was unfamiliar with them. And no I saw not a single jeep at the Tanger station. I regret even commenting now because this is gotten very silly.

Sep 11, 2006
Bayville, NJ
What is up with the 4x4 kid crap? I didn't see any other groups out there cleaning up. No hikers cleaning up no horseback riders cleaning anything up. Theres no way you could have missed all of the Jeeps at the Ranger station.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Maybe everyone should sit back and take a breather.

Guy

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Maybe everyone should sit back and take a breather.

Guy

Absolutely Guy! The original intent of this particular thread had Jack to do with the cleanup or anything good. It was just another avenue for a rant derived by a fellow who really needs to take it back a few notches. The Jabs at EBSI on the other thread were most unkind and in every thread he posted on this fellow polluted the topic. I wouldn't even jump in but he was so disoriented in his rant that he even confused his marked parties.
As far as Long-A-Coming, he made it a little late so he missed the gads of Jeeps at the sign up but they were there. I know the Jeep of 00xj54 and I never saw it, but I can't say it wasn't there. I can attest to at least one small group of Horse persons that spent some time. Everyone knows all about the 2006 cleanup now so to continue using it for dialogue is wearing it out.
Far too many good topics on the site to have outsiders see this garbage.
Let's take our breather, and move forward.

G.

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
I promise this is the last post on this subject from me. I DID see all the jeeps I was just poking a little fun at the spelling error. I arrived at approximately 10:30am. As I was pulling in the RedF350 and crew were pulling out and headed down 206. My comment about the 4x4 kids has upset some people. I said I didn't think they were "running the cleanup". Before I headed out for the cleanup I talked to a few Jeep owners I met last year. My original response came on the other thread after this kid was disrespectful.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I coined the phrase in a post in September where I was explaining that the State Forest Fire Service had royally f'd up a long stretch of road down here.
I stated that the "4x4 kids" have found it and the trenching and destruction of a formerly passable road was taking place.
The 4x4 kids are not a group, I was generalizing about the type of wheeler that I see most often trenching up a storm in the woods.
The young member took offense to the term "kids" in some later posts.
I can understand why he was offended by the initial generalization.
Here is the link to the thread: http://forums.njpinebarrens.com/showthread.php?p=26383#post26383
Scott

Badfish740

Explorer
Feb 19, 2005
Copperhead Road
Scott,

No apology needed, I just didn't know who he was referring to. It may have been a generalization, but I'm willing to bet that 00xj54 is exactly the kind of wheeler you were talking about. That's judging by some of his other posts too by the way.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I used to be all into going out into "the woods" and getting my truck dirty. But I always had an appreciation for the history of the area. Hanging around with the people who are now regulars on this site showed me how much damage "muddin" can do.

Not that I have too much of a problem with muddin in and of itself, but it really depends on where it's done.

So maybe at one point in time I might have been a 4x4 Kid but now, actually, I don't even own a 4x4 and I run a website about the Pine Barrens.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Take it from me....a 4x4 is not mandatory to do anything in the pines. For all the miles I drive getting to and from, I prefer what I have for the most part. A different kind of car would be better, but I get by and so can anyone else. Feet are a wonderful thing.

Guy