Piney Tribe @ Burlington County Farm Fair

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
Is this anyone that participates here on the forum?

IMG_20230721_150834615.jpg

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I don't know anything about them, but this is from an article on the homepage of their website. :D

https://pineytribe.com

"There are so many sites in the Pines that have been forgotten. A lot of times I’m looking at old Mill sites by using maps from places like NJ Pine Barrens Forum (Boyds Maps) on the internet.”

If you do a search here at NJPB, you will find James Pullaro mentioned in a few threads, but he doesn't seem to be a member.

Last edited:

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
OK, was looking in the wrong place, that article was about James Pullaro but he isn't the owner of Piney Tribe. I don't want to "out" him if he doesn't want to be, but the site owner is indeed a member here. You could probably figure it out if you look at the "about" page at pineytribe.com. :)

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
I'm jealous of his signed copy of Marilyn Schmidt's Exploring the Pine Barrens.

You mean like this? :D

marilyn.jpg

Got mine from her at Buzby's, that was a very memorable day. First of several trips exploring the pines with a special friend, a city girl who passed away in 2016. We had fun chatting with Marilyn, I think that's the only time I met her.

Last edited:
Reactions: stiltzkin

stiltzkin

Explorer
Feb 8, 2022
Medford
You mean like this? :D

View attachment 20317

Got mine from her at Buzby's, that was a very memorable day. First of several trips exploring the pines with a special friend who passed away 2016. We had fun chatting with Marilyn, I think that's the only time I met her.

Mm, yes, indeed. I actually asked the new owners of Buzby's back in January whether they still had any copies of this and some of her other non-cookbook works I'm after. They were nice enough to get back to me, but I don't think they have found any. She is a member of these forums as well but hasn't been active for a couple of years.

Reactions: Boyd
I don't know anything about them, but this is from an article on the homepage of their website. :D

https://pineytribe.com

"There are so many sites in the Pines that have been forgotten. A lot of times I’m looking at old Mill sites by using maps from places like NJ Pine Barrens Forum (Boyds Maps) on the internet.”

If you do a search here at NJPB, you will find James Pullaro mentioned in a few threads, but he doesn't seem to be a member.
Don't know anything about piney tribe but it's funny you mention James. Was out at Calico Ridge with him a couple weeks back looking at the mountain laurel blooms. Great dude. We definitely used your maps Boyd to do some exploring while we were out there!