Pizza Tonight

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Technically not in the Pines, but there is a small pizza joint in the strip mall south of the Tuckerton Stewart's on Route 9, that has some of the best Sicilian pie I have eaten. Please keep in mind though, I was out in the Pines for thirteen hours before dinner and my hunger may have swayed my taste buds.;)

BTW- The same pizzeria has cute waitresses too.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I like Joann's on Rt 50, just North of Mays Landing. :) http://www.joannsii.com/JoAnns_Pizza_and_Restaurant_II/Welcome.html

Gregorio's on Rt 40 South was another good place. I say "was" because they just went out of business a couple days ago with no advance warning. Really a shame, a great local place with pizza, hoagies, bakery and a decent selection of groceries. It was the closest thing to a Mom and Pop grocery store in the Mays Landing area and new owners just took over two years ago. No idea why they closed, seems like you should have the resources to survive for more than two years after buying a business. I really miss them, was in there 3 or 4 times every week. :(

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
I like Joann's on Rt 50, just North of Mays Landing. :) http://www.joannsii.com/JoAnns_Pizza_and_Restaurant_II/Welcome.html

Gregorio's on Rt 40 South was another good place. I say "was" because they just went out of business a couple days ago with no advance warning. Really a shame, a great local place with pizza, hoagies, bakery and a decent selection of groceries. It was the closest thing to a Mom and Pop grocery store in the Mays Landing area and new owners just took over two years ago. No idea why they closed, seems like you should have the resources to survive for more than two years after buying a business. I really miss them, was in there 3 or 4 times every week. :(

Nuh-uh!

stizkidz

Piney
May 10, 2003
Tuckerton
Technically not in the Pines, but there is a small pizza joint in the strip mall south of the Tuckerton Stewart's on Route 9, that has some of the best Sicilian pie I have eaten. Please keep in mind though, I was out in the Pines for thirteen hours before dinner and my hunger may have swayed my taste buds.;)

BTW- The same pizzeria has cute waitresses too.

Naples. A local hotspot. Their pizza is good but a bit overrated, IMO.

My top pizza spots in SNJ:

1. Palace Pizza in Weymouth
2. Penn Pizza Palace in Mt Royal
3. Special Pizza City in Egg Harbor Twp
4. King of Pizza in Gloucester City

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
Naples. A local hotspot. Their pizza is good but a bit overrated, IMO.

My top pizza spots in SNJ:

1. Palace Pizza in Weymouth
2. Penn Pizza Palace in Mt Royal
3. Special Pizza City in Egg Harbor Twp
4. King of Pizza in Gloucester City

I used to love King of Pizza, but something has changed. It's been pretty bland the last few times I got it, but that was several years ago. Fifteen years ago, they had the best pizza going in this area.

stizkidz

Piney
May 10, 2003
Tuckerton
I used to love King of Pizza, but something has changed. It's been pretty bland the last few times I got it, but that was several years ago. Fifteen years ago, they had the best pizza going in this area.

The guy who works the counter (seemingly the owner) is pretty cool to chat with as well. I always liked the Gloucester City area. Interesting cast of characters in those parts for sure.

CurMUDgeon

Scout
Apr 30, 2010
Where needed.
How can this thread NOT include one entry from Hammonton?!!

1) Marcello's 225 Bellevue Ave, Hammonton, NJ
Incredible assortment of slices ready to heat 'n' go.

2)Bruni's Pizzeria 303 12th St, Hammonton, NJ
Be sure to order ahead - they're ALWAYS busy.

3) Illiano's 705 12th street, Hammonton, NJ
Good restaurant too!