Plant And An Old Unused Township Stone

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

This morning I headed to the Atsion area to check on the Lady's Tresses. They are always in the same spot until today. They got mowed.

DSC_2446a.jpg

However, I was able to walk for a while and discovered one where we saw a hundred in years past.

DSC_2449a.jpg

I drove to Atsion, Hampton Furnace and then to Tabernacle to meet up with some really nice folks that gave me a tip on a township stone that was abandoned in 1901 when the township of Tabernacle was formed. The stone before 1901 was the intersection of Shamong, Woodland, and Southampton Township. We spoke for a while and they took me across private property to the stone embedded in the root of a large tree.

DSC_2455a.jpg

A closer view.

DSC_2453a.jpg

While there, they spent almost an hour taking me to various interesting places all around the property. This is Bread and Cheese Run which you may have heard about from Beck's chapter titled "From Bread And Cheese Run To Apple Pie Hill."

Bread and cheese run.

DSC_2486a.jpg

Last edited:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Is thats stream walkable? Looks like a sand bottom?
At this point it is but I don't know about other places. I have an invite to go back in the fall or winter and Jessica and I will be doing that. I took about 50 photos of different things but will not post them. It is private property and I don't want people going there because of me.

Being in the barrens I doubt there are any points in it, the huntin is better down here then up there but I always like a nice creek walk regardless if the injuns threw their trash in it or not.been wantin to walk gravelly again.Not a point to be seen yet but a gorgeous stream
I did summer school this year but we just finished up; I have about 2 and a half weeks until we go back so I'm free until then. Let me know when you want to go out.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I did summer school this year but we just finished up; I have about 2 and a half weeks until we go back so I'm free until then. Let me know when you want to go out.
I"ll try to get a free day,right now mon and tue off but vacation is coming up in four weeks and we're crunching getting the camper ready.utah and arizona this year. I"ll let you know if I have a free day next week.also a few doctor appt between now and then.have glaucomaq and am partially blind in right eye now.

Reactions: RednekF350