Plant ID Help needed

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
View attachment 2051View attachment 2050View attachment 2049View attachment 2048

Some more I can't ID....all found on my little beach
#2 I think might be Ladie's Tresses. There is a bunch of these spikes along the edge of the lake.
#'s 3 & 4 Tick Trefoil? The only one I have seen before was very viney with very tiny flowers and leaves. This one was about 5 ft long, leaves about 2-3" and a very woody stem.

thanks

Hi Joyce! That first one I do not recognize right now. Not much to go by. that second one may be what you think it is, lets give it a little time to bloom. The last two may indeed be what you say, but I'm not real familiar with stick-tites yet.

lakesgirl

Explorer
Jan 3, 2010
collings lakes
Thanks Bob.
Took off from work today, daughter and son-in-law coming to spend a few days before heading off to Antarctica again. Headed to the lake before running some errands and...they are "Ladies Tresses". They are starting to open. Most are very white. But I found one that was a creamy color compared to the others. Dosen't show in the pics, but there is a color difference when the actual plants are side by side.
IMG_7884.jpgIMG_7897.jpgIMG_7885.jpg

lakesgirl

Explorer
Jan 3, 2010
collings lakes
Then I found a couple of more plants I can't ID. One is viney with sharp "hairs". best I can describe it, with a cluster of buds that open to small white cup shape flowers. The leaves are an elongated heart shape. This one growing close to the water's edge.

IMG_7870.jpgIMG_7889.jpg The other is a wirey plant with very pretty tiny flowers growing away from the water in the sand. I am guessing Joint Weed but don't really know.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
lakewsgirl,
by the way you can make a great unsweetend lemonade out of those sumac berries once they ripen up.crush the berries in cold water and let sit for an hour or so,then strain through a rag or paper towel to get rid of the hairs and you have pink unsweetened lemonade,add sugar if you like.
Al

lakesgirl

Explorer
Jan 3, 2010
collings lakes
lakewsgirl,
by the way you can make a great unsweetend lemonade out of those sumac berries once they ripen up.crush the berries in cold water and let sit for an hour or so,then strain through a rag or paper towel to get rid of the hairs and you have pink unsweetened lemonade,add sugar if you like.
Al

Thanks AL. Just recently I read something about the indiams making a drink from the crushed berries. Maybe I give it a shot.

Joyce