Plant ID

PancoastDrifter

Explorer
Dec 7, 2008
www.flickr.com
What the heck is this? Very small. Main stem as thick as a blade of grass.

3571054169_d677272734.jpg

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
deleted- Hawkin beat me to it! .:)

PancoastDrifter, If you walk the bank along the shallow cove off of the lowest bog at Stafford Foge you will find tons of sundews. I've taken quite a few nice pics there.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
As to the damselfly the latin is Enallagma civile. The common name is Common Bluet. They were probably mating and are now together in the after-life. There is 3 there?

A damselfly will hold his wings parallel to body when at rest, unlike a dragonfly, who thinks he really is a bi-plane.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
I see them most often right long the river banks, just up from the water line in shaded areas. Often growing along the partially vertical edge of the bank. For some reason I always want to lick them. They look like they would taste good. I haven't done that though.

Jeff

PancoastDrifter

Explorer
Dec 7, 2008
www.flickr.com
So you're taking these photos with a point and shoot? Have you had photography training? You have a phenomenal eye.

Thanks you. I did go to an art school where I ended up getting and architecture degree and hung out with/dated photographers. These were shot with Canon SD400 (I recently flipped the 20,000 counter on that so maybe just allot of practice). Only my night shots are done with an older Canon G1.

3573004318_f55f45e1a7.jpg

Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan
Thanks you. I did go to an art school where I ended up getting and architecture degree and hung out with/dated photographers. These were shot with Canon SD400 (I recently flipped the 20,000 counter on that so maybe just allot of practice). Only my night shots are done with an older Canon G1.

You obviously have a natural talent. I am married to a pilot but that doesn't mean I can fly a plane!

glowordz

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
SC
www.gloriarepp.com
As to the damselfly the latin is Enallagma civile. The common name is Common Bluet. They were probably mating and are now together in the after-life. There is 3 there?

A damselfly will hold his wings parallel to body when at rest, unlike a dragonfly, who thinks he really is a bi-plane.

So it's a damselfly! Thanks for the clarification.

Glo