Popcorn Park Zoo

Anyone been to Popcorn Park Zoo out in Ocean County? It's home to dozens of rescued animals from lions down to turtles. I went last week, it was amazing. Lions and tigers and cougers and a bobcat and bears and sheep and pigs and deer and a moose (or so I was told, I didn't see it) and ducks and birds and an albino snake and llamas and a camel and all sorts of good stuff.

Definately was worth a trip all the way

emu.jpg

bear.jpg

chick.jpg

Actually, it's worth the trip just to say "llama" and "emu" alot. Which I did.

NOTE: Don't know why the images won't just appear, but I suppose they can be clicked on...

Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan
I used to shear the sheep there, years ago. They gave us a tour afterward that was always awesome. I learned that deer, when tame, will never stop licking you, ever. Gah.

Piney Boy

Explorer
Sep 19, 2005
Williamstown, NJ
Interesting place, espicially since the animals are rescues. Thats something to certainly appreciate. So hard to find animals like that homes today, its nice to see someone really care. I'm also a big fan of the Cape May Zoo, with that boardwalk construction and variety of animals its a sure bet for a fun day.

NJHIKERADAM

Scout
Jul 19, 2006
Anyone have directions? I have been taking my son to Space Farms the past couple years,sounds like this place is a bit more animal friendly.