Post your Favorite Photos

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Ok, here's a new idea to stimulate some posting. Post your favorite photos of the pines and maybe throw a little blurb as to why you like it so much.

Here's the rules:

1. The photos must be your own.
2. They must be smaller than 800x600
3. You can host them in your own personal gallery here, on your own website, or attach them to a post.
4. Keep it to 3 or less photos.
5. It must have to do with New Jersey in some way.

Here's mine:

DSCF0048.JPG

Sandy Hook Light. I just like how the geometry works in this photo. It gives you a sense of how tall this lighthouse actually is, because it doesn't look real tall until you get close to it.

aac.jpg

I took this photo at Brooksbrae sometime in 2001. This was done in 35mm, which I still insist works better for me than digital. This really captures the wonderful blue color of the dusk sky, and the flash brings out a lot of the color of the brick work and graphitti. I generally don't like my historic buildings peppered with graphitti but it doesn't really bother me as much at Brooksbrae.

normal_aaf.jpg

For some reason people tell me that this is their favorite photgraph of mine. I have received more compliments on this, and I really don't understand why. I have a lot of my Sarco photos up in frames in my dining room, so people generally comment on them. The room was nearly pitch black when I took this photo. I used my 35mm camera and it's built in flash. Somehow it was good enough to auto focus and really brighten up the room with the flash. To this day I still wonder how someone got that chair up there.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I really like all 3 of those photos Ben. Nice work, especially the lighthouse. It'll take me a couple days, but I'll come up with mine.........

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
For me my favorite is without a doubt this photo showing the last days of the Holtz Barn in Marlton. It was located behind the Pep Boys at Route 70 and Cropwell road and was destroyed for homes.

I chronicled the demise of the Holtz property with photo's, and along with a man I know who is an historian in Marlton, we followed the last days together with emails between us. I photographed the property every time I passed it as the end was nearing, and after photographing the attic in the main house and showing it to him, he made two 3AM raids on the house and removed numerous historical photo's, newspaper clippings on Marlton's historical past, and various other items just hours before the home was destroyed. These items would have been destroyed with it.

I am certain that this is the last photo taken of this barn which was one of Marlton's last working farms, and the property is mentioned in print and in photographs in the excellent book "The History of Evesham Township". This photo hangs on the wall of his house in memory of Marlton's lost heritage.

holtz.jpg

From this point on I have so many I just picked out two I like.

This next photo I took at Friendship Bogs while Jessica and I were looking for the boundary markers of Friendship Bogs.

friendshipbogs1.jpg

And this also was at Friendship Bogs.

friendshipbogs2.jpg

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Are my links working? I can't click on the first link and view it.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
BEHR655 said:
Yes, they're working.

They still are not on my end. Jessica checked her computer with Safari and hers is. The Avatars don't show up either and they do on Jessica's. I think it may have been the Apple Security Update I installed and she did not. I just realized that it has been weeks since I have viewed an Avatar. The link problem is new.

Guy

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Guy,

They work fine for me. Also, I added the IMG tags so that the pics would just display.

Your pics are really nice. The one of Friendship bogs reminds me of the one I have from Buckingham.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
bruset said:
Guy,

They work fine for me. Also, I added the IMG tags so that the pics would just display.

They do not display in Safari, only in IE. But again it is only on my computer. This last security update has been a problem. I am assuming that is the problem. I am working on solving it.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Choosing favorites is tough work. Here are three I really like though:

1.) Jersey's Finest. I like the reality coming through. And these are wild berries.

http://forums.njpinebarrens.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=10011&pos=2

2.) Arethusa in sun. Love that sun and color:

http://forums.njpinebarrens.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=random&cat=10011&pos=-2542

3.) Stark Beauty. The pines at days end:

http://forums.njpinebarrens.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=10011&pos=0

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Very nice Bob! What a wonderful place the pines are!

Guy

I was amazed at how fast you guys were able to come up with favorites. It took me all this time and I still can't say that these are my ultimate favorites.

I really like this shot of the Harrisville ruins. Could you imagine hiking through the Pines and coming up on this?

FavPics%281%29.jpg

This spot along Sandy Ridge Rd captures my imagination. It seems mystical. I keep looking for the gnome or fairy in the picture.

FavPics%20%282%29.jpg

This spot is off of Mossy Spung Rd. I just like the shot. Don't know why.

FavPics%20%283%29.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
BobM said:
All right nice Bear. Where is Sandy Ridge Road?

That is the road that we had discussion on before. I then visited it and had a different opinion on what was there. I will try to find the post. It is located just off the road from Carranza to Hampton Furnace.

Very nice shots Steve. I like them all and want to someday see that gnome.

Guy

TeeGate said:
That is the road that we had discussion on before. I then visited it and had a different opinion on what was there. I will try to find the post. It is located just off the road from Carranza to Hampton Furnace.
Guy

Yes. When I first posted that picture on Ben's old site I could not remember where it was. I have been back there several times since then though.

Steve