Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Here it is a little bigger.

Screenshot 2024-05-27 at 12.56.40 PM.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 7363

Sam in the Apple Pie tower told me that the boys over on the Ft Dix -McGuire have been doing summer burns, in addition to the their regular unscheduled wildfires out on the ranges. Interesting. Anyone know or ever get around the public areas of the base to see parts that are getting burned in summer, preferably to locations that have been had more than 1 growing season burn?

Interesting the Feds do it, but not the state that I know of.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Sam in the Apple Pie tower told me that the boys over on the Ft Dix -McGuire have been doing summer burns, in addition to the their regular unscheduled wildfires out on the ranges. Interesting. Anyone know or ever get around the public areas of the base to see parts that are getting burned in summer, preferably to locations that have been had more than 1 growing season burn?

Interesting the Feds do it, but not the state that I know of.
I did a plant survey at Lakehurst Navy base, part of the joint base. The survey lasted through the summer, and they don't burn in the summer. Maybe something new.

D

Deleted member 7363

I did a plant survey at Lakehurst Navy base, part of the joint base. The survey lasted through the summer, and they don't burn in the summer. Maybe something new.
At least in 2006 those 2 bases had separate natural resource departments. Not sure if they still do. Either way, if Dix is doing summer burns, that is new.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
At least in 2006 those 2 bases had separate natural resource departments. Not sure if they still do. Either way, if Dix is doing summer burns, that is new.
They all report to just one of the bases, but there is a separate satellite office at Lakehurst. I think Lakehurst is usually not one of the bases that is top dog though.

D

Deleted member 7363

In a video last night I learned that in NY state prescribed fire is illegal, though they are considering making it legal, and in Pennsylvania it only recently became legal. No wonder why NJ is so backward and acts like they're in 1960.