Price of a book on Ebay

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Those of you who collect books on ebay may be interested in this. My brother has been a "mystery" collector all of his life, which also includes young adult books. Check out the price on this Rick Brant book now up for bid on ebay. Those of us who remember these books in the bookstore in the 60's for $2 will wish they had bought it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3572749434&category=29192

Guy

B

BarryC

What? Are they out of their minds? Wow!
I wonder what older Hardy Boys books go for. To my knowledge I still have all of the ones I had when I was a kid. I had a lot of them. I'm sure they are in a box somewhere in my parents' house.
I also have nearly every Sugar Creek Gang book. Those were paperbacks, which I got when I was like 12-17 or something.
I wonder what the deal is with Rick Brant books? I've never heard of them. Maybe I'm too young (40).

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The reason why this particular book is going for so much, is it is one of the last of the series. They only produced about 500 books and then the author died and it was not reprinted. The older books from the 40's 50,s and early 60's had quite a few reprints and are only worth around $10 or less.

Guy