protection

pineypower71

Oct 19, 2008
So I just got the heads up that people are protective of these areas because of vandalism and now I understand why people aren't really directly answering me. It was kind of odd that it was a "discussion" forum and no one was doing much taking, but now I get it.
I really just need a "general" location of Hallow Field/Pet Cemetery. It can't be at Bamber Lake and at Dover Forge. It's got to be one or the other. Obviously, there might be 2 cemetery's but they can't both be Hallow Field.
Also, maybe there are books about the history of Dover Forge that someone could recommend.
I love history, nature and exploring. Really, that's all.
I can be emailed directly at t2006@comcast.net.

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
It's true, Laureen, that people are protective here, and just as importantly there is a site policy against giving directions, unless the place is well-known and easily accessible to the public (i.e. Harrisville). In general all of the places talked about here can be found with a little bit of nosing around in old maps (which the site provides). Usually a member will be happy to provide directions or a location in a private message as well. Unfortunately I can't help this time because I haven't been to the location you seek.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Not only that, but you asked me and I told you that I didn't know how to get there, since I've never found it.

Had I known how to get there I would have probably given you a better answer than I did.

pineypower71

Oct 19, 2008
Thanks!

Thanks for those pics! It must be the one from my youth. Same area. It sure has chnaged alot..................and so has my youth!

pineypower71

Oct 19, 2008
Thursday? Ticks?

I'm not sure what day I can go. Trying to schedule in when my son's girlfreind can come. Probabaly Thursday.
I'm also worried about ticks.It's too hot to wear alot of tick preventitive clothing. How are we avioding tics?

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
If you want to avoid them the best way is to stay home. If you want to aid in getting them off you, wear long pants tucked into your boots, and spray down your legs with Permethrin (Permanone by Repel is one brand, Walmart has it). Ticks like to walk around on you for awhile before attaching, so it's really just a matter of being vigilant and checking yourself frequently.

Chiggers, now... that's another story.

Oct 25, 2006
Laureen

I just uploaded the Dover Forge, Ten Mile Hollow pics into my gallery for you to view.

Any credits though especially for Ten Mile Hollow should be given to Bob, as he led me and my friend to that place, i tried to find it weeks before and i just missed finding the location.

Also at Dover Forge, Bob pointed out some things to me and my friend that i did not notice weeks before when me and my friend were there.

Jim