Quarter Mile Revisited

mordecai

Jul 21, 2015
Pines
"The great wilds of our country once held to be boundless and inexhaustible are being rapidly invaded and overrun in every direction, and everything destructible in them is being destroyed. How far destruction may go it is not easy to guess. Every landscape low and high seems doomed to be trampled and harried." - John Muir

Quarter Mile is looking quite a bit better than when I was last there as well. I did notice a fresh char pile and some fresh budlight cans that I was able to remove, but the exhaust system left in the mud will have to wait as I was on foot.

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
"The great wilds of our country once held to be boundless and inexhaustible are being rapidly invaded and overrun in every direction, and everything destructible in them is being destroyed. How far destruction may go it is not easy to guess. Every landscape low and high seems doomed to be trampled and harried." - John Muir

Quarter Mile is looking quite a bit better than when I was last there as well. I did notice a fresh char pile and some fresh budlight cans that I was able to remove, but the exhaust system left in the mud will have to wait as I was on foot.

I hope you're prepared to pick up more. As these closures take affect and patrols move everywhere else to enforce them people will start going back. Sadly, all the work that was done there can be reversed in a weekend.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

We again went to Quarter Mile to look for a few things. I again walked it completely and took this photo of the one entrance. Notice the paper signs are gone and the absence of the no motor vehicle plastic sign. The place that started it all has been abandoned by the state. No surprise.

IMG_1404.jpg

Guess who fell in the mud!

IMG_1401.jpg

IMG_1400.jpg

Lets have a closer look :)

IMG_1401a.jpg

Guy

Reactions: Don Catts

Don Catts

Explorer
Aug 5, 2012
Indian Mills
GUY!! you spotted a mud covered Jessica, very common in the pine barrens, mainly on the weekend. Just kidding of course. Jessica looks very nice in early American mud. I hope she doesn't get fined for taking mud out of a state forest.

Reactions: bobpbx

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I wish I could have had my video going more quickly. I told her to sit in the sand and move around. She did it but only for a second before I realized it. Quite comical. But it worked and the mud dried and came off.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Not at Quarter Mile but I figured I will add this here. She got stuck and could not get out.

IMG_1417.jpg