R.o.o.r.

Y-BUC-BILL

Explorer
Mar 9, 2007
YOUR Outdoors is Slowly Being DISMANTLED!!!!

* Angry if there are no more fish to catch in our ocean?
* Furious about a bear injuring or killing a child?

* Frustrated with animal rights activists influencing fishing & hunting policy in NJ?

* Concerned about our forests dying from from lack of attention?

* Fearful that NJ might abandon upland bird & freshwater fish stocking for lack of funds?

* Outraged by Trenton raiding the funds meant for the health of our outdoors?

If so...

R.O.O.R. and be HEARD!!!
Rescue Our Outdoors Rally!
Save YOUR Great Outdoors from being DISMANTLED!

IT'S TIME THE MASSES ARE HEARD!!
THIS IS AN EVENT NOT TO BE MISSED!
The largest gathering of fishermen, hunters, hikers, bird-watchers, divers, foresters, etc. EVER!
Demand recognition!
Act Now, it may be our last chance!!!!!!

IF YOU CARE - YOU'LL BE THERE! SEND THIS TO (10) FRIENDS THAT FEEL AS YOU DO!
Don't stop this e-mail if you derive pleasure from New Jersey's great woods and waters.
New Jersey Outdoor Alliance
Presents

Rescue Our Outdoors Rally!
Saturday, October 24, 2009 * 2:00PM
New Egypt Speedway * Free Admission!

720 Pinehurst Rd, Rt 539 New Egypt, NJ 08533

~ Seating for 6,000 people - bring lawn chairs for expected overflow ~
Music, noted outdoor speakers, Special guest Chris Christie
Rescue Our Outdoors Rally!... and be heard by Trenton
Learn all of the details:

http://www.njoutdooralliance.org/where/rescueour/outdoorsrally.html

I'll see you on the 24th!

Anthony P. Mauro, Sr.
Chairman,
New Jersey Outdoor Alliance: "We've got your back!"
JOIN NJOA: http://www.njoutdooralliance.org/support/njoa.html

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Hmmm, sure sounds like a Chris Christie campaign rally in drag.

What are the topics to be discussed, or will it be strictly presentations?

Who will the speakers be, besides Mr. Christie?

Any free food?

Y-BUC-BILL

Explorer
Mar 9, 2007
Guess I am not generating much interst from you Piney's.Guess you are happy with the way our State is being run.We need all you outdoor people to attend the R.O.O.R. Rally at the New Egypt Speedway Oct.24.How many of you Piney's plan to attend?

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Guess I am not generating much interst from you Piney's.Guess you are happy with the way our State is being run.We need all you outdoor people to attend the R.O.O.R. Rally at the New Egypt Speedway Oct.24.How many of you Piney's plan to attend?

Bill, did Anthony add hikers in there to make some of us feel good as if we had a stake in Mr. Anthony P. Mauro's grand designs? I looked at those web sites and that group really sways far toward hunting, fishing, and trapping and zero else. If they sprinkle hikers in at all its just to make themselves feel good. Look at his credo:

"Please join in our efforts to deride bill A-1202 and to keep fishing, hunting and trapping available to all of the people of New Jersey. Let’s stop the animal rights activists from imposing their way of life on the outdoorsmen and outdoorswomen of New Jersey!"

I hate it....absolutely hate it....when they use the terms "animal rights activists" and "ecco terrorism". It is knee jerk and stupid.

I don't like Anthony Mauro and he knows it.

PS: what is this about forests dying from lack of attention? Give me a break Anthony.

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
And even as an avid hunter, I am neither in favor of bear hunting, nor do I approve of using fear tactics to push for it. I hunt for the same reason I fish, clam, crab and garden………to obtain my own food in as natural manner as possible. If you fear a wild species to the point that you feel it needs to be killed, may I suggest someplace safer, like a nice Manhattan apartment?

Y-BUC-BILL

Explorer
Mar 9, 2007
bobpbx....Obviously you have no clue as what is going on in our state.We are actively working to restore the forests to their potential.Any group that uses our forests and waters is part of our group.I am not going to go into a lengthy discussion with you.Your response and attitude sounds like an anti to me.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Your response and attitude sounds like an anti to me.

His response sounds anti to me as well, anti political propaganda.

Might I ask, just what, in your 'groups' opinion is our forest's potential? If you want to garner support for something, you need to be a tad more specific.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
bobpbx....Obviously you have no clue as what is going on in our state.We are actively working to restore the forests to their potential.Any group that uses our forests and waters is part of our group.I am not going to go into a lengthy discussion with you.Your response and attitude sounds like an anti to me.

Not so Bill. I"m not anti. I just do not like the spin. It is the wrong way to push an agenda. On that website, here is what Joe Matter, Chairman of the Quail Project thinks of Pinelands Preservation:

"This is what we've achieved through the preservation concept, a highly combustible fuel source covering over a million acres and a wasteland that promotes the extinction of many species."

That is pure bull.

He goes on to say..."Could there be a direct correlation between the anti-sportsman movement and the preservationists? Could there be a hidden agenda to systematically eliminate our wildlife through neglectful forestry management with a "no game left, nothing for them to hunt" strategy?"

Come on, how can anyone believe that? They are just hoping some pretty stupid people read that and start believing it so they can push the idea on politicians they hope to have in their pockets.

Isn't this the same guy who twisted Corzine's are to allow sunday hunting in the WMA's?

"By allowing the passage into law of the Sunday bowhunting bill now on his desk, Gov. Jon Corzine would go a long way toward convincing New Jersey's hunters, trappers and anglers that he's a fair-minded leader. Just in case he's not concerned about that aspect of his image, sportsmen are giving him a push."

So Corzine signed the law, but now NJOA supports Christie, essentially stabbing Corzine in the back. Where is the trust....hmmm?

Y-BUC-BILL

Explorer
Mar 9, 2007
I see that I am beating a dead horse.If some of you experts would attend meetings that deal with the forest,talk to professors.foresters and knowlegeable people that can back up what they talk about,we would not have this conversation.You experts should be thankful that we still have the forests that we can roam and explore.Where were you when the state wanted to build a hugh commercial airport in the pine barrens to service N.Y.
It was the Sportsmen and Sportswomen and people that are about the forest that put a stop to it.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
It was the Sportsmen and Sportswomen and people that are about the forest that put a stop to it.

I'm sure they played a part, but I think John Angus McPhee and Congress were the instrumental forces in getting Reserve status, and neither could be considered Piney's or sportsmen.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I see that I am beating a dead horse.If some of you experts would attend meetings that deal with the forest,talk to professors.foresters and knowlegeable people that can back up what they talk about,we would not have this conversation.

Bill, I know you are a good old guy who loves the forest, and that you see what they are doing as right and necessary. You mean well, I accept that. Lets just leave it there.

Y-BUC-BILL

Explorer
Mar 9, 2007
Yes Sir.Let's leave on good terms.I am glad we have
this web site.I am glad you are taking advantage of exploring the Pinelands and posting the trips with pictures.You Piney's all have a great day.