RAIN?

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Only got about 1/4 inch here yesterday. Here are the storm totals, it was a pretty narrow band of heavy rainfall from Philadelphia, through Trenton and up to the NYC area.

Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 1.23.58 PM.png

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
Had nothing but some rain, a couple lightning flashes and distant thunder. Small tornado reported in Union cnty.
It appears our particular area has been escaping the majority of severe weather this season. It either dissipates or splits to the North and South. Wonder how long our luck will hold out?

Reactions: Boyd

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Looking like a nice weekend setting up, low humidity and moderate temps. The bennies are already packing their cars. :eek:

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Couple strong storms moving through here right now. I am right between the two strong parts but am getting rain and hear the thunder. Temperature dropped 10 degrees but the sun is coming out through the rain, so that probably won't last. :)

Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 4.21.57 PM.png

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ

⚠️⛈️ The Storm Prediction Center has upgraded portions of our area to an Enhanced Risk (3 out of 5) of severe weather for Tuesday. Severe thunderstorms are expected to develop by the afternoon and into the evening hours. Damaging wind gusts will be the main threat, but large hail and a few tornadoes are possible as well. Additionally, storms will produce very heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding. Please see our latest briefing package for more info: https://www.weather.gov/media/phi/current_briefing.pdf

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Line of storms passing thru, but nothing but noise and some light rain. now downpours and heavy thunder.

Last edited:

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Last night I was surprised. It was supposed to be 74 for a high today with clouds, and fairly low humidity. I was eager to get out. It is now 83 degrees, hot, and a bit humid. What the?

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
My forecast said 78 degrees, porch thermometer reads 79 in the shade right now. Just returned from a walk and it's an absolutely beautiful day outside. Yeah, just a bit warm with some humidity. But not at all bad - sure beats the 89 degree temperatures and 85% humidity we've had recently. And things also could have been a lot worse if the hurricane got closer. I was surprised (and pleased), we didn't get any more than a sprinkle and a breeze here.

Get outside, enjoy the beautiful day and stop looking at the weather forecasts! :cool:

Reactions: 46er