RAIN?

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Kind of surprising, nothing significant showing on the radar. Just finished carrying the last of my 2-cord firewood delivery up to the porch and stacking it (phew!) - just in time to keep it dry. :)

Screen Shot 2020-10-11 at 2.05.52 PM.png

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
So far today we have had .04 inches. It will reset at midnight so I will check it again tomorrow.

Reactions: Boyd

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
As of midnight we have had .36. I was looking at it and it was .32 and quickly changed to .36. I will have to check to see how often it updates.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Don't think I ever got any "heavy rain" here, just non-stop light rain. Appears to be about two inches at my place so far, which is in keeping with the original forecast. Looking at the radar now, it seems to be finally moving out.

Last edited:

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ended up getting almost three inches from the last storm. More on the way tomorrow...

Friday
Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Friday Night

Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We did not get that much according to Jessica. I have not checked as I am dealing with a monitor issue on my computer.

IMG_5277a.jpg

• Wow

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Don't know.

I have a second monitor but it was extended and not mirrored. So I was able to blindly put in my password and drag items from the Apple monitor to the second monitor. I caught the Hard Disk and was able to open System Preferences and mirror the two allowing me access to my stuff. My iMac is called "Vintage" by Apple since it is a late 2012 model. Apple will only fix it if parts are available and the Apple person I talked with said they can't fix it. I would have to go to a repair shop if my part was even available. Once an Apple computer has been discontinued for 7 years it is considered "Obsolete" and parts are no longer available.

The computer I want to buy is $2900 so at this point I am just going to buy another external monitor and sit my computer on the floor and run with two external monitors if my computer can handle that. I will wait a while before spending $2900.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Since midnight we have had 1.27 inches. For the week it is 2.01. I believe the week starts midnight Sunday.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
That is about what I spent for my new Mini with 6-core i7, 64gb RAM and 2tb SSD, plus a 32" BenQ screen. I also considered an iMac but wanted a bigger and more adjustable screen, plus I was concerned about the same issue you are having... if something goes wrong with the computer and it's not worth fixing, you basically just throw away the expensive screen.

It is a lot of money and I agonized over it for awhile. Would have been cheaper to use my own RAM, but there are issues with that. I was also upgrading from a 2012 Mini and 2013 MacBook Air. IMO, 8 years is a ripe old age for a computer if you have anything more than casual needs...

But you should be fine with the external screens on the iMac in the meantime, I'd think.

Reactions: Teegate

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Heavy rain on the way again Thursday...

Thursday
Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.

Thursday Night

Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I was hoping it didn't as I may have to go in a swampy area this weekend.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
You may need to bring a boat! Add these all up... the total is between two and a half to five inches of rain. :siren:

Wednesday Night
Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Thursday
Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.

Thursday Night
New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.

Friday

New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Flood Watch
National Weather Service Mount Holly NJ
310 PM EDT Wed Oct 28 2020

...FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY MORNING THROUGH THURSDAY
EVENING...

The National Weather Service in Mount Holly has issued a