Rally Race ????

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
I think we talked about this before didn't we? We were trying to figure out where these zombies were filmed.

The enduros aren't a problem as they are mostly in the woods and only occupy the dirt roads for short runs, and there are always flagmen (almost always). Besides, they have been doing it since the 1930's. The rally cars seem more troublesome since it is occuring on the roads and many of the roads are one lane, at least at that speed.

Jeff

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I think I know exactly where those guys on ecstasy were. That was a mini-rave, wasn't it? I went into a rye field one time and drove back to the far corner and the remnants were there. It is right here in Greenwood Forest.

ecstasy.PNG

PS: love the car rally. As longs as its on established roads, go for it.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
It is right here in Greenwood Forest.

I wonder if one of these was it? From the NJCOA blog for April.

COs Martiak, McManus, Mascio and Tomlin and Lt. Lacroix were on patrol in the Greenwood Forest WMA when they came across a group of approximately 100 individuals in one of the fields having a party at 0300 hours on Easter morning. Two men were running sound equipment powered by generators. The group consisted of people mostly from Philadelphia and Delaware and a handful from New Jersey and New York. A number of tents were set up and there was a large amount of alcohol as well as a small amount of drugs and drug paraphernalia were found abandoned. Lacey Township was able to provide one officer for assistance. Approximately 15-20 people ran into the woods when the officers arrived on scene. In all, 84 people were issued a total of 99 summonses for various wildlife management are violations including organizing an event without a permit, off the established road, camping, interference, possession of alcohol and after hours.

Officers Martiak, Mascio, Mutone and Lieutenants Lacroix and Sich conducted a night patrol of the Greenwood Forest Wildlife Management Area. During their patrol, at approximately 1:00 AM, they encountered a large party within a restricted section of the wildlife management area. The party consisted of over twenty individuals. Various wildlife management violations were observed including camping, campfires, entering a restricted area, littering, alcohol and the illegal operation of ATV’s. The appropriate summonses were issued.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Oh yeah 46er, I'm positive. I was back there on a weekend very early in the morning looking at plants. The fire was out but it had been very large, and there were cans and plastic cups everywhere. This was about 5 years ago, I'm sure they do it all the time. If anyone recalls I also found the remnants of a rave in Carusoville. Many wine bottles and a flyer for the event that was distributed in a record store in New Brunswick area. It was easy to surmise this is what it was, especially when you see them going down Dover Road at odd hours.

PS: the guys who found them in your link were obviously not on a routine patrol, and certainly not 5 at one time. You never see anyone patrolling Greenwood. They must have had a tip.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
PS: love the car rally. As longs as its on established roads, go for it.

You condone driving as fast as they were towards the end of that video?

I am not against the rally because I have been in them, but it is really unsafe for them to go that extremely fast. We are not talking about 20 MPH over the limit, we are talking double or triple that.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
You condone driving as fast as they were towards the end of that video?

I am not against the rally because I have been in them, but it is really unsafe for them to go that extremely fast. We are not talking about 20 MPH over the limit, we are talking double or triple that.

Guy

It's a good point you make, but aside from putting ' guvners on the car, I don't know what they can do. Even in enduros you have to make up time lost on the mud holes. And if a guy (not you Guy) is lost, he has to make it up. I would worry most about a deer rolling into my windshield. I had one deer run along side me and when I slowed he jumped over my hood. Lucky.