Recent Vandalism at Brooksbrae

Status
Not open for further replies.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Duh!This is obviously a Bigfoot trap! Everyone knows Squatch like trampolines,why didn't Adam think of this before? When the Bigfoot hunters are in ambush they hang a Snickers bar over as an added inducement.

Reactions: dogg57

joc

Explorer
May 27, 2010
Wall, NJ
I was there last yr , this same time of yr , with 2 friends . It was my 1 st visit to Brooksbrae. We were admiring the ruins. Out of no where comes someone on a quad .I think thats in Manchester , they are doing a lot of development in that general area .I was under the impression most of the area was "protected " , but they just keep on building ....

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Was there this evening. Boyd may be correct.

IMG_0528a.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
A crashed flying saucer! Have you notified the Air Force Guy?

I could hold up a sign, jump up and down on it, and maybe a pilot or two would read it and report it for me. :)

Guy

Kevinhooa

Explorer
Mar 12, 2008
Hammonton, NJ.
www.flickr.com
Wow. I haven't been there in a bit, but that graffiti is definitely getting worse and worse. Thanks for sharing the older photos guys, it's nice to see that place in more of a natural decay state.

Just bored kids (or adults really) trying to let each other know who's roaming out there. Sucks that kind of crap has to happen in the pines.

pineywoman

Explorer
Aug 24, 2012
The beautiful "Art" at Brooksbrae. I got to tour this place this weekend. Although, in a sick way the art is pretty neat. Some not so much. It definitely adds character that's for sure!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
View attachment 2792
image.jpg
image.jpg
]
image.jpg

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
The only thing i saw there half way neat would be the Rebel Flag and that was done wrong,no surprise there.The true Confederate battle flag was square not rectangular and it was bordered in white not black and I would say it is in an inappropriate place as well.Some of it was obviously put there by a coward who would not sign his name to it.

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
To all of the good people on the forum, be careful when you walk around the ruins. The area is loaded with Poison Ivy. In fact the collapsed drying tunnels are filled with plant. It also overhangs the walls. If you walk along the front and the area where the tower is you will fine. Just be aware of the poison when you walk along the tunnels and especially along their backside.

Poison Ivy will be changing its color and dropping its leaves in the coming weeks, but none the less it can still cause itchy and painful rashes if you come in contact with the leaves that are on the ground or on the plant.

pineywoman

Explorer
Aug 24, 2012
The only thing i saw there half way neat would be the Rebel Flag and that was done wrong,no surprise there.The true Confederate battle flag was square not rectangular and it was bordered in white not black and I would say it is in an inappropriate place as well.Some of it was obviously put there by a coward who would not sign his name to it.

My favorite was the portrait of the red head. Reminds me of Ariel. Lol. I thought it was actually pretty.

Gibby thanks for the update.

Can't wait for more exploring!

Status
Not open for further replies.