Redesigned Home Page

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Hey everyone -

I've just launched a slightly redesigned home page for the site. http://www.njpinebarrens.com

I'm playing with some caching technology with the site, so let me know if you have any problems or things look weird. I'm hoping to make it run pretty fast.

Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It looks nice, and when people visit they will be interested. A win win!

Guy

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Looks good! BTW, I have been seeing an issue with the forums on Safari 5.1.3 under MacOSX 10.7.3 using an external monitor on my MacBook Air. If I go to another tab in safari, when I return to the forum tab it is mostly black. Hitting the refresh button fixes it, but can cause you to lose text that you have entered.

Maybe it's related to the graphics card in the MacBook Air? Never saw this before on my old MacBook Pro. However, I visit a number of other forums and NJPB is the only site with this problem. No big deal, but thought you might want to know.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I have the same problem on my MacBook Pro. It's something with the forum software, I think.

If you minimize the window and then bring it back OR scroll up or down it should come back.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Cool - will try that next time. It was frustrating when this happened while editing a post and I lost the text when I refreshed the page.