Request for Evidence from the Pinelands Preservation Alliance (PPA)

SuperChooch

Explorer
Aug 26, 2011
The PPA has regularly used communications to their membership to send the message that there is only narrow opposition to the MAP and that this community is not willing to accept a common sense approach to the issues in Wharton. Any of the membership that doesn’t get information from other sources may believe this to be fact. Ben has posted numerous times on some of the past statements and instances.

The attached arrived in my mailbox today. Please read the text in green "But the DEP has struggled to implement this plan in the face of organized opposition from ORV riders, all-terrain vehicle riders and dirt bikers who feel the entire forest should remain open to vehicular traffic – even rivers in wetlands"
As we know, no one in this community is advocating for the “entire forest to remain open to vehicular traffic - even rivers and wetlands"

The minutes from the stakeholder forums are now published on the DEP’s website. The can be found here:
http://www.nj.gov/dep/workgroups/past.html

No one, even the “evil offroad vehicle community” has advocated this. But don’t take my word for it, please go ahead and read the minutes.

I would assume the PPA values this forum as they are most likely to hold similar values to the PPA with regards to conservation. There are also members here who are members of the PPA. (myself included)

Jason Howell is a member here and is also an employee of the PPA. Al Horner is a member here and a board member of the PPA. Neither is trying to hide their affiliation with the PPA.

Therefore, I am calling on Jason and Al, by name, as members of this community and representatives of the PPA, to please provide any evidence, whatsoever, of this claim:

"But the DEP has struggled to implement this plan in the face of organized opposition from ORV riders, all-terrain vehicle riders and dirt bikers who feel the entire forest should remain open to vehicular traffic – even rivers in wetlands"

This is a great opportunity to set the record straight if this was printed in error or, perhaps, prove that maybe these statements are not pure fabrications intent on deceiving the unknowing public.

I know that this forum doesn’t provide notification of username "@" mentions so I have sent you both private messages so you are aware of this message.

IMG_2762.jpg

I look forward to your response.

Last edited by a moderator:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
SuperChooch,

I edited your photo to have some green in it.

WaretownMike

Explorer
Jul 16, 2013
Waretown
They will probably use the old Fox News trick to never reveal their "sources".

Although some may say that PPA affiliates are the ones planting spiked metal objects and nails in local forests, I don't necessarily say I believe it

SuperChooch

Explorer
Aug 26, 2011
Jason replied to me in a private message that he represents himself on this forum and not the PPA and can't respond to this. Out of respect for him I won't post any of the content of his message except to say it contained no answers. I understand that Jason may not be authorized to respond here, but now we know that they know this open question is here. If there is ultimately no response, we can draw our own conclusions.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Jason replied to me in a private message that he represents himself on this forum and not the PPA and can't respond to this. Out of respect for him I won't post any of the content of his message except to say it contained no answers. I understand that Jason may not be authorized to respond here, but now we know that they know this open question is here. If there is ultimately no response, we can draw our own conclusions.

Are you surprised? I'm not. He appears to have represented the PPA in previous posts, using their pictures and arguments. Just another Kool-Aid drinker.

The PPA has regularly used communications to their membership to send the message that there is only narrow opposition to the MAP and that this community is not willing to accept a common sense approach to the issues in Wharton. Any of the membership that doesn’t get information from other sources may believe this to be fact. Ben has posted numerous times on some of the past statements and instances.

The attached arrived in my mailbox today. Please read the text in green "But the DEP has struggled to implement this plan in the face of organized opposition from ORV riders, all-terrain vehicle riders and dirt bikers who feel the entire forest should remain open to vehicular traffic – even rivers in wetlands"
As we know, no one in this community is advocating for the “entire forest to remain open to vehicular traffic - even rivers and wetlands"

The minutes from the stakeholder forums are now published on the DEP’s website. The can be found here:
http://www.nj.gov/dep/workgroups/past.html

No one, even the “evil offroad vehicle community” has advocated this. But don’t take my word for it, please go ahead and read the minutes.

I would assume the PPA values this forum as they are most likely to hold similar values to the PPA with regards to conservation. There are also members here who are members of the PPA. (myself included)

Jason Howell is a member here and is also an employee of the PPA. Al Horner is a member here and a board member of the PPA. Neither is trying to hide their affiliation with the PPA.

Therefore, I am calling on Jason and Al, by name, as members of this community and representatives of the PPA, to please provide any evidence, whatsoever, of this claim:

"But the DEP has struggled to implement this plan in the face of organized opposition from ORV riders, all-terrain vehicle riders and dirt bikers who feel the entire forest should remain open to vehicular traffic – even rivers in wetlands"

This is a great opportunity to set the record straight if this was printed in error or, perhaps, prove that maybe these statements are not pure fabrications intent on deceiving the unknowing public.

I know that this forum doesn’t provide notification of username "@" mentions so I have sent you both private messages so you are aware of this message.

View attachment 6867

I look forward to your response.

John, I did post something last night but don't see it here. Recovering from surgery for spinal cord injury so not doing much because it it is too painful to type or write. Will stay in touch.
Al

SuperChooch

Explorer
Aug 26, 2011
John, I did post something last night but don't see it here. Recovering from surgery for spinal cord injury so not doing much because it it is too painful to type or write. Will stay in touch.
Al
Al, this is not so important that you need to cause yourself pain. Don't worry, we'll all still be here when you are feeling better. :). Take it easy and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Last edited:

SuperChooch

Explorer
Aug 26, 2011
It has been several weeks so I just wanted to close out this thread for posterity. The PPA was aware this thread existed and were given an opportunity to explain themselves but chose not to do so. I've just modified the thread subject so it better optimized for search engines and I think we can now all judge for ourselves what the lack response indicates.

Reactions: Teegate

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
You know she is working hard to redeem herself. I find her comments to be insulting and more annoying to me than anything that went on during that fiasco. I will surely will never forget that. I have learned to despise those people.

Reactions: JeepWagoneer

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
You know she is working hard to redeem herself. I find her comments to be insulting and more annoying to me than anything that went on during that fiasco. I will surely will never forget that. I have learned to despise those people.

It's just so amazing that nobody over there realizes that some dialog and a desire to compromise a little would have likely prevented a lot of the bad feelings. There's a lot more people who are aware of the PPA now, and don't hold them in a positive light. How does that help them protect the Pinelands?

Reactions: JeepWagoneer