Retreat Preserve...A PBX Special Hike

pineywoman

Explorer
Aug 24, 2012
I don't doubt that Pineywoman can out walk some of us geezers distance wise,she's young and that makes for stamina.I also doubt she's a sissy and minds getting dirty but if there is anything that will take the pee and vinegar out of her it is the HAZE.My dog is one tough Lab and after getting her home a couple days ago she slept most of 18 hours straight.We all had a touhg time and I thought we were going to airlift Guy out as he was trapped for quite awhile.I had one advantage,I way well over 200 lbs and I got mad an thrashed my way out.This is a technique to be avoided till last resorts.It involves getting really mad and just freaking out on the HAZE.It can get you out but it will leave you scarred for weeks.My arms legs and forehead look like I've been in a barbed wire war.Unfortunately for you Pineywoman I don't think you have the size for thrashing and while small I think your much too large to slip through the haze unscathed.I hope you can fly if the PBX runs into anything mean.I say we do another Makepeace route!I wasn't on that one but I know Makepeace well and I accurately predicted it would ravage the PBX. Of course they were up to the challenge.I will be very interested to see how this turns out.

Bring on the haze! Hahaha. Just will have to layer up and think holy thoughts as I ravage through the muck! Hahaha!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Nothing wrong with that. Not everyone would enjoy these hikes.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Contrary to popular opinion I don't enjoy getting cut up either but accept it as my dues to enjoy some of the places it allows me to get to.It is quite frustrating to get all torn up just to find a nice cut out hunters trail that takes me out scar free.This happens to me quite often.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
I don't know Al, I've always had kind of masochistic fondness for the blood letting on our hikes.

A big thanks to Jerseyman for the information he provided on Retreat. Very interesting. When nature and history mix it always makes for a great hike. I have been curious about the area for sometime and I was real happy to get out there with my PBX brethren.

Jeff