Road Maintenance

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
This morning I saw that the forest service was doing maintenance on E. Stokes Road. South of Hampton Road was being filled and graded.

I also saw that the large puddle next to the concrete bridge on Quakerbridge Road was filled in.

It is nice to see work being performed.

smroad.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2016
Camden County, NJ
Hopefully in addition to a reactive approach of filling and grading they are also proactively installing culverts or other features to prevent the five very large and deep mudholes from reforming on East Stokes Road in the area between Hampton road and the railroad tracks.

Reactions: 92 Blazer Jeff

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
They installed a culvert at High Crossing last year so they are probably aware of the need.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I have been hearing they got complaints about culverts. I don't understand why that would be. If that is what it takes to keep the road from flooding or draining properly then so be it. Some people complain about the wrong subject matter.

I say yes to culverts!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Nice! I was going to go down E. Stokes the other day but decided to not push my luck.

Feb 1, 2016
Camden County, NJ
E. Stokes road is open, was down it today. Even had a park police Tahoe go by me, I waved he waved back.
By any chance did you happen to notice if any mitigation was performed to prevent future flooding/erosion issues? I realize its been filled and graded but any culverts added or any other noticeable additions in the areas that had been previously flooded out?

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
We need some rain to pack down all the fill. Everything is still very soft. I've only been down Tremont and part of Burnt Mill just to go to soccer. The FFS did a good job on what I've seen so far. I'm curious about beaver dam but I'm sure they spent a lot of time there.

Reactions: Wildland937