rumors ?

devilstoy

Explorer
Nov 21, 2008
lindenwold
someone has been telling me thats somewhere along the tracks near high crossing that somewhere there is some sort of a building possably an old train station and posable remains of an old train , i never once heard of this , is or was there ever anything in the area or possably they got the area mixed up and it could be somewhere else ? im just curious and most likly its a rumor but i figured id ask

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I can't see that being true. I have never heard that or for that matter viewed it, and that has never been mentioned here by anyone. If it is there it may just be the foundations. That would be interesting to see.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
THere is a door from a train in that area. I will post photo's later tonight.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It is at Pine Crest as Ed mentioned. Maybe they mistook this as a building foundation.

This is the train door.

04072002.JPG

Guy

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
Those orphaned locos are amazing. No doubt steamfans already know about them, but that's the first time I've seen em.

I love following old railroads. There's always something interesting to see, and the way is generally not too difficult given the requirements of a roadbed.

I know there's a cement pad not far off the tracks southwest of High Crossing. Wonder if that's what they were thinking of. I haven't seen any other foundations along that right of way, but I haven't followed it all the way up from the trestle to Chatsworth.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Those orphaned locos are amazing. No doubt steamfans already know about them, but that's the first time I've seen em.

I love following old railroads. There's always something interesting to see, and the way is generally not too difficult given the requirements of a roadbed.

Have you ever been up to Steamtown in Scranton? Makes a nice weekend trip if you go on a tour weekend, not far from you.

130060066.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I was dreaming of a canoe trip down the Allagash or Saint Johns once upon a time and bought a book on the two rivers and i remembered this locomotive was spoken of in it.I searched the web and there it was.
Al

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Pinecrest would be southeast of high crossing. The cement foundation there, which is quite unspectacular is the defunct Waretown Gun Club to my knowledge. Maybe he is confusing that foundation as a remenant of Harris Station?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Northeast I meant from High crossing. Guy, yes that is the cement foundation of the old gun club I thought, or so I was told. Thought maybe that is what MarkBNJ was referring to in regards to a cement pad.

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
Northeast I meant from High crossing. Guy, yes that is the cement foundation of the old gun club I thought, or so I was told. Thought maybe that is what MarkBNJ was referring to in regards to a cement pad.

I thought I knew the spot I was referring to, but I am having a hard time locating it on the aerial near HC, so perhaps I was confused and it is actually that spot to the NE.